Skip to main content

Hi, i have some questions for the vms4:

1. How can i assign with rubber bands on the Jogwheel at the SIde different to the mid. Because somehow it wont work when i try. Has someone the exact midi orders or how i should map it?

2. The Knobs values are not linear, when i turn the knob left to 9o'clock it has already reached -127 in traktor. This is not only with EQ knob but with all other knobs 2.

Manythx for any answers! Smiler
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Insidiousdead:
1. How can i assign with rubber bands on the Jogwheel at the SIde different to the mid. Because somehow it wont work when i try. Has someone the exact midi orders or how i should map it?

the midi notes are the same when turning the jogwheel, but the difference is that when touching the top platter, there is also a touch ON note sent... how exactly do you want to map the jogwheels and i try to walk you through?

quote:
2. The Knobs values are not linear, when i turn the knob left to 9o'clock it has already reached -127 in traktor. This is not only with EQ knob but with all other knobs 2.

activate soft takeover in traktor preferences
Hi, thanks for answering again!

Its not the softtakeover which causes the problems.

When i put the Knob on 12 O clock. its "0" Value on traktor.
When i Put (i.e. EQ High) on 9 o clock its around -124. when i put it on 7 o clock its around -127 value.
The relation of 12->9o clock (3 "degrees") makes a valuedifference of 125
whereas the relation between 9 and 7 oclock (2 degrees) makes just 2-5 value difference.

Thats the Thing, that makes me go crazy, because it cant really finetune filter or EQ etc....
And its not on 9 o clock, its also on 3 o clock and all 270 degree buttons.

I hope i have explained me clearly now Big Grin

thx for answers =)
insidiousdead... I have a feeling you are using the wrong setting on the EQ knobs. The CC values on the knobs is 0-127.

i have a few questions for you how are you measuring the MIDI value -124 to -127 the middle value is 63.

Are making your own mapping I am 99.9% SURE THAT YOU HAVE MAPPED THE KNOBS TO RELATIVE AND HAVE AN ULTRA LOW SENSITIVITY LIKE THE default 10%.....Either increase the sensitivity to 100 or set the TOC to: Fader/knob and the interaction type to Direct.
Hi,

i use a modified version of DJ Freshflukes one and i didnt modify the knobs. they are still on direct!!

I tested also with DJ Freshfluke NORMAL Mapping without modification and i tested an new mapping. This with 2 different VMs4s!

I made a little Picture to show this problem.
See EQ High knob at Midilog 2!

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/75345634/file.html

Thx for help!

edit: The Midicommands for the MIC EQ and Gain work the correctway!
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
Originally posted by Insidiousdead:
Hi,

i use a modified version of DJ Freshflukes one and i didnt modify the knobs. they are still on direct!!

I tested also with DJ Freshfluke NORMAL Mapping without modification and i tested an new mapping. This with 2 different VMs4s!

I made a little Picture to show this problem.
See EQ High knob at Midilog 2!

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/75345634/file.html

Thx for help!

edit: The Midicommands for the MIC EQ and Gain work the correctway!

I can't look at the file you posted because it says it no longer exists, but if you're talking about the EQ potentiometers on the channel strips (NOT the endless rotaries in the effect section), make sure that the EQ input entry in the controller manager is set to direct and "soft takeover". They should work fine then.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.