Skip to main content

HEY GUYS, I WANTED TO KNOE HOW GOOD THESE LIGHTS ARE, DOES ANYONE HAVE THEM, IM THINKING OF BUYING THEM TO ADD THEM TO MA COLLECTION OF LIGHTS, I COULD MAYBE USE THEM WHEN I DO SMALL EVENTS, DO U GUYS THINK THAT THESE WILL DO GOOD WITH 4 POCKET SCANS AND MAYBE 2 XP-3?!?!?. WHAT IM REALLY TRYING TO SEE IS IF THEY ARE DEPENDABLE AND HOW BRITE THEY ARE BUT ANY INFO IS ACCEPTED....

THANX,
DJ ILUSION
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't know if you could get a straightforward answer about reliability because they are fairly new, but I'm sure if you have any problems American DJ will be great in their support. My major problem with the Simple Scans is that they only have one color/gobo each. Granted, they are replacable, but you don't get the look of an intel because they are always the same color.

Just my $0.02 Smiler
My personal opinion is that the simple scans may be a good starter light for someone just getting into intelligent lighting BUT it realy doesn't show off the true capabilities of intelligent lights and scanners. Its a great price for 4 lights but I have a felling if you already own pocket scans and xp3's, then you may get bored of them quickly.
YEA, I KNOE I HAVE WAY BETTER LIGHTS THEN THESE SIMPLE SCAN... BUT THEY ARE SIMPLE, IM TALKING ABOUT GETTING THESE LIGHTS SO THAT I DONT HAVE TO BRING HEAVIER LIGHTS DURING SMALL EVENTS. FOR EXAMPLE WHEN I GO TO LARGE EVENTS I BRING MY, four mighty scans,two DMX 512 protocol,4 pockets scans,4 XP-3's, AGGRESOR, 2 VERTIGOS, LOTUS, AND MY MYSTIC AND A BUNCH OF PIN SPOTS(NOT PARS). MY LOCAL ADJ DEALER DOESNT HAVE ANY AVAIBLE AT THIS TIME BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT IS A SMALL SCANNER, LIKE THE SIMPLE SCAN.IF ANYONE KNOES ANY LIGHT THATS AS SMALL AS A SIMPLE SCAN PLEASE LET ME KNOE AT DJILUSION02@AOL.COM

THANX,
DJ ILUSION

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.