Skip to main content

I've been trying to find some more short barrel black Par 56 lights but I'm not having any luck. The American DJ model number is: Par 56 CAN/SP but all I can find on the AmDJ site are the P56A and those don't look like what I have. The ones I have look like the following only in a P56:

PA 031 Par 36 B
http://www.litronics.com/light/par.htm

I have 36 and would like to find at least another 12 but a total of 64 is the ultimate goal.
Thank you for any help,

Jacob Gregory
G2 Entertainment
www.g2entertainment.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I got them back in August 98 but the last time I saw them for sale was in 2002. I posted here hoping someone had a few they'd like to get rid of.

I called ADJ and was told to buy the newer short chromes then paint them with high heat engine paint. I might have to do that though I'd rather they all looked the same.
I'm lucky. I work with "bands" who claim to have their own PA, typically 2 junky speakers on sticks, a sub or two and some failing amps. When I come it, they get world class treatment, top of the line gear and engineer.

As far as lights are concerned, what I have is what I have, and it tends to be better than anything they have.

I think it is the responsibility as sound and lighting providers to break the "accepted image" of what a light show is and move forward with YOUR business. Trust me, if the lights are an equivalent or replacement, it will be fine.

So, what I am saying is check out some of the LED stuff. I do hear you about the wattage for throw issue and the need for short cans. I know there are some lights that can throw a LONG tight beam as I saw some last year and it threw at least 100 feet and the pair stayed in a nice tight area. Forget what they were, but they were one one hell of a tall heavy duty lighting crank stand.
Well, I've worked with real A-list bands, so no question about the level of musicianship.

Recently, I've been working with "bands": a bunch of guys(and/or girls) pretty much doing a musical train wreck for the duration of the event, but proficient enough so the audience won't know. Most aren't a group that routinely works together.

My company has recently hired a "band", but this "band" is at least the same guys each time. I hope for consistency. At least they won't be torturing their victims, I mean audience, by mixing themselves anymore.

Their light show? 8 Par64's on a T-stand(without the T) on a 4-channel relay pack. Each relay pack is running a different program. They are high-tech: they have gels on 3 of them!

I've temporarily stopped programming my lights as I have TOO many ideas. Well, that and I don't want to do that at 2AM these days. I will trim down my gel color choices and go with basic colors by color mixing my Red, Green and Blues(with yellow). I'm really wanting money for those LED ParCans now!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.