Skip to main content

I have MyDMX 3.0 and have loaded the software on my home desktop, and also on my Surface Pro 4.  On my desktop the application is usable, can see most everything although it isn't always easy to see somethings due to the black background, and white lettering that isn't very bright(I understand why it is like this for doing shows in the dark...).  Screen resolution on the desktop is 1920x1080.  On the Surface Pro I can't hardly see anything, I understand the smaller screen contributes to some of this, the higher resolution(2736x1824) also contributes, however when I change the Surface to 1920 x 1080 it is still hard to distinguish menus, etc.  I saw on a FB forum where someone was running Daslight on a tablet and everything was much larger, easy to see, quite user friendly looking(not microscopic like I have now).  I can't find any option in the software that changes the size, fonts, etc.  Is there any way to make this more visible that I am missing?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, the software doesn't work well on displays higher than native 1080p, so you need to use the Windows magnify feature in the windows settings to help offset this. The software simply doesn't support resolutions higher than 1080. 

RE on a tablet, that most likely is Easy remote/show tab in the software, it is a paid add on and a custom layout that the end user can design themselves. Search Youtube for MyDMX3 easy remote and you'll see.

I have a surface pro as well...and realized that when setting the display resolution to 1680x1050 it looks as it should...there is about an eighth of an inch of the display that is black on the top...but hardly noticeable.

also, have you tried running any smaller shows with the surface? I'm looking to run about 8 wash lights and 2 moving heads...wondering if I would be ok with the surface pro and an APC Mini?

I have a surface pro as well...and realized that when setting the display resolution to 1680x1050 it looks as it should...there is about an eighth of an inch of the display that is black on the top...but hardly noticeable.

also, have you tried running any smaller shows with the surface? I'm looking to run about 8 wash lights and 2 moving heads...wondering if I would be ok with the surface pro and an APC Mini?

I never used the Surface to run shows, only to build them when I was traveling.  I used my Wife's Laptop with 17" touch screen which was much better for shows.  I did shows with many fixtures with no issues.  I've since moved on to another product for lighting that provides a better show.  I actually run VDJ and that software on the same 17" Laptop that replace my Surface Pro.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.