Skip to main content

Hello, hopefully someone can help me.
I have just setup a brand new Beamz S1500 smoke machine but i cannot get it to work in MyDMX Go.
I have downloaded the specific Beamz S1500 profile. In the Beamz manual the DIP settings to determine channel are completley different to the DIP settings that MyDMX Go suggest i use in the app.
Regardless i have tried both settings from the manual and the app, but cannot get the machine to work at all.
Hoping someone has some suggestions or info as to which DIP settings are actuallyy correct. 
Many thanks

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The DIP switch display in myDMX GO is a generic suggestion. The required settings for the S1500 are different - you need to do the calculation for switches yourself. DIP switch 10 must be on or DMX will not be used. The values for the switches are:

switch 1 = 1
switch 2 = 2
switch 3 = 4
switch 4 = 8
switch 5 = 16
switch 6 = 32
switch 7 = 64
switch 8 = 128
switch 9 = 256

The DMX channels are numbered from 1 to 512 whereas the DIP switches encode values 0 - 511. That means e. g. DIP switch number 15 maps to DMX channel 16. If you want to e. g. encode DMX channel 142 from myDMX GO into the S1500 you need to encode the value 141 = 128 + 8 + 4 + 1 which means switches 1, 3, 4, 8 (and of course 10 for DMX) turned on and the rest turned off.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.