Skip to main content

I have four Rainbow 250's and have a big problem?

I am using an, ********* LC-2412 to control them and can not get the lights to operate properly. Here is the scenario I am trying; I have #�s 1 and 3 set to one set of faders and 2 and 4 set to one set of faders. I want to let 1 & 3 to start blue and 2 & 4 to start magenta, pretty simple so far!

Now the hard part; I want to switch the fixtures to reflect 1 & 3 magenta and 2 & 4 to show blue; this will be for a slow set. I can control the fade time via slide fader on console. I�m having a hell of a time getting the 250�s to go directly to the color I want, the light comes on and begins to fly through all the colors before getting to the desired color. How do you prevent the light from coming on before you get to the desired color?
Original Post
Without dimming the fixture all the way then going to the next color and bringing the fixture backup that is not really possible with that fixture. Color wheels do not do good fades between colors unless the 2 colors are right next to eachother. This is where CMY fixtures as great (But much more expensive) Sorry could not give you much better of an answer but I have had to do this before with the rainbows and it just does not work to great..
Another way I have gotten around this haveing double the amount of fixtures and to fade the one set out and the other set on that was waiting in the right color just to be turned on. Again this requires more fixtures.....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.