Skip to main content

This is my first post so, hello to the board!

I just purchased 2 Scan 250's. They seem great so far.

I have a question. The manual does not cover at all the menu page regarding A001. I know the slave needs to be on this (according to the manual) BUT how can I access different preset patterns? The values on this menu go up 500 something but I see no variations in the patterns.

ALSO... I've seen no strobe effect during sessions with the scanner set to track audio beats. The manual and box both indicate the unit has a strobe effect. Is there a preset that show cases this effect or can it only be accessed with an external controller?

ALSO.. has anyone used these with an NSI MC1616 board? I've been using this board for sometime and was contemplating getting the DMX option for it but I figured I'd ask if anyone had experience controlling intelligent lighting with it first...

ALSO... as I'm moving over from Microplex to DMX I picked up a new dimmer (Elation DP-DMX4B). How are they? Any experiences with them here on this board?

I'm replacing two Microplex Lightronics 1800 watt dimmers with the elations. The lightronics were alot more costly than the elation but funds are stiff.

ALSO... has anyone come across good cases for the Scan 250's or have any transport recomendations for them? They're being used for my band and will be on the road on and off throughout the year.

Thanks for the help!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by t.o.t.s.:
[qb]

I have a question. The manual does not cover at all the menu page regarding A001. I know the slave needs to be on this (according to the manual) BUT how can I access different preset patterns? The values on this menu go up 500 something but I see no variations in the patterns.*** The A001 is for addressing the fixtures when using a DMX controller!!!

ALSO... I've seen no strobe effect during sessions with the scanner set to track audio beats. The manual and box both indicate the unit has a strobe effect. Is there a preset that show cases this effect or can it only be accessed with an external controller? **** there are no "strobe" programs in the built-in programs

ALSO.. has anyone used these with an NSI MC1616 board? I've been using this board for sometime and was contemplating getting the DMX option for it but I figured I'd ask if anyone had experience controlling intelligent lighting with it first...
If I remember the DMX option is pricey, you might be better off selling the board and your dimmer packs together on EBAY

ALSO... as I'm moving over from Microplex to DMX I picked up a new dimmer (Elation DP-DMX4B). How are they? Any experiences with them here on this board?

I'm replacing two Microplex Lightronics 1800 watt dimmers with the elations. The lightronics were alot more costly than the elation but funds are stiff.

ALSO... has anyone come across good cases for the Scan 250's or have any transport recomendations for them? They're being used for my band and will be on the road on and off throughout the year. **not yet!

Thanks for the help! [/qb]
Your welcome
"If I remember the DMX option is pricey, you might be better off selling the board and your dimmer packs together on EBAY "

It's not too bad really. $68.00. new. I spent a good amount on the board a while back so I'm gonna try and keep it as I'll never re-sell it for an amount close to what I paid.

Thanks for the response!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.