Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I wouldn't run a guitar through a mic channel. I am pretty sure that mic channels are alot "hotter" than a line input for guitar, I don't think you'll get the results you are looking for. I would get a dedicated "live" instrument mixer, which you could use with your 3433, or I am pretty sure there is a DI box you can use to convert your guitar signal into a line level, then you can run off of one of your line channels. Actually this article may help....Courteousy of record-producer.com

quote:
As with many things, the origin of this convention is historical. Briefly, the reason why a DI box is necessary to connect an electric or bass guitar directly to the mixing console is that the pickups are strong in voltage but very weak in current. The microphone input of a mixing console requires a good helping of current; the line input doesn't need so much current, but still more than the pickups can supply.

However, the mic input requires only a small voltage. So if some of the relatively high voltage from the pickups could be exchanged for current, then it would drive a mic input perfectly well.

So I stand corrected you can get a DI box to use a Guitar through a mic channel on a mixer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.