Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Most Frequently asked questions � Q-2422MK II

1) Are these new MKII mixers simply black versions of the SX mixers?

�NO!�

2) What are the differences between the Q-2422MKII and the Q-2422SX?

A) LED�s on every input channel
B) Trim control on master outputs
C) New mic circuitry. New 600OHM mic circuit greatly improves sound of better quality mics.
D) New lines faders, smoother feel, longer life.
E) 1/8� input in faceplate. Great for MP3 player, discman, walkman etc. Controlled by channel 4
F) Improved fit and finish.
G) Lighted round buttons for �Cue� �Fader Start� etc
3) How much more does the Q-2422MKII cost ?

Same great price !!

4) Why is the Q-2422MKII black?

Since this mixer has so many improvements, we did not want any confusion between the MKII and SX. Also, our premium products (DCDPRO1000, QD5BLACK) are black and we feel this mixer is a premium product.

5) Why is the 1/8� input on the faceplate so important on this mixer?

While it seems like a logical feature. Almost none of the DJ mixers on the market offer this. It allows the DJ to instant plug in a outside media source, like an I-POD or discman. As the popularity of portable MP3 players grows, this feature will be even more popular and DJ�s who bought mixers without this feature will be bummed.

6) How did you change the mic circuit?

In the Q-2422SX the mic input was variable resistance. This sounds good on economical mics. We upgraded that to a 600OHM Mic circuit. This really improves the sound quality of better quality mics. Also offers cleaner sound and better sensitivity.

7) Why did you change from square buttons to round buttons?

This allows us to offer a lighted button. Also a better fit and finish can be achieved by using the round buttons
Just got to put my hands on the new 2422 MKII, but only for a few minutes. . . . First impression, the faders are much tighter, the eq knobs fit within the casing, so in the event that you do have to remove the faceplate all you have to do is remove the screws and fader caps that's IT. Black is definitely much sharper than the old Gun Metal Grey/Silver color, and the rounded buttons/light up buttons just give it a more aesthetically pleasing look.
And the most important features. . . .Trim output located on the back and recessed inputs on the rear of the unit. . . as soon as I get one that I can hook up and play around with, I'll give a more detailed vision.
[QUOTE] [Yeah, but it has to be black too, and the QMX needs another upgrade as well....<cough>4 channels</cough>
/QUOTE]

I sure hope AA does come out with a 4 channel 12 inch mixer. I just bought a case that holds a 12 inch mixer. I would've bought a different case if this new mixer would've come out just a little earlier. The thing I like most about it is the separate level meters for each channel.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.