Skip to main content

Hello Everyone,
I've had the AA Q02422 MXII mixer and the MCD 810 Dual CD/MP3 player for about 2 yrs. This past Weekend ... one or both started acting up. The CrossFader was playing on left channel and the right channel started flickering on and off .. then it would start playing the CD for a few seconds and then stop. It did this on and off for the remaining hour of my gig.
I replaced the cross fader today and am using the Q-start connections ... it still acts up but not as bad. The right channel still flickers on and off or start to play the CD for a second and then stops.
I removed the two Q-start wires from the mixer to the CD control unit and the cross fader works correctly. I can switch from left to right channel and visa versa and there is no flickering from right channel. I like to be able to use the Q-start functions of my mixer.
Does enyone have an idea as to what is causing the flickering on right channel when I am using the Q-start connectors?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just as a test, swap the wires for the q start, and see if the problem switches to the other side. If the problem happens on the other side after swapping the wires, then you know you have a short in the wire, you can order a replacement from American Audio, or just pick one up at a local electronics store. It is just a standard 1/8" to 1/8" mono cable.
Hi Stevie Ray, Thanks for reading and answering my Post.
Yesterday, I replaced the Q-start wires, I'ved switch both the new and old wires from left to right channel. The problem does not transfer to the left channel. It remains on the the right channel.
The flickering on the right channel happens with any CD I place in there. The Cue and Play/Pause buttoms both flicker along with the Control Unit display screen. The flickering does not interfere with the output from the left channel on the speakers.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.