Skip to main content

Hey i just got my ps2 in the mail today. I bought it off of ebay for $200. I'm pretty sure the there is a problem with the touch sensitivity, cause it doesnt work. i've read the instructions fully many times. As soon as i press the scratch button the music stops. so i'm guessing that the jog wheel is always thinking that there is pressure on it. Does anyone else have this problem or know of any fixes or do i have to send the whole unit in. I Doubt it will be covered under any warranty so how much will it cost to replace if I cant fix it?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

When you hit the Scratch button, is it Red or is it Green? If it is Red then you are in "Skid" mode which will explain what is happening to you from your description. Another problem could be is that the PSP default in scratch mode is set either 3 or 4, try setting it to zero. Good luck

ROQ out.
Before you go to tech support can I suggest one more thing....there is this one hotel I used to work at and everytime without fail the platters on both PS2s would not react. It turns out that the power in the building was to blame, it was an older building with suspect internal wiring.

As you may or may not know the touch sensitivity relys on the bodys ability to conduct, store and discharge ambient electricity. If there is a bad earth in the power where your PS2's are connected, potentially they can constantly be in a state of discharge which will not allow ambient electricity to pass from the body to the platter correctly.

Can I suggest you take your PS2 to a different location/house/building and see if you get the same results. It could be as simple as that. Good luck.

ROQ out.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.