Skip to main content

I have a pair of PS2's and one of them seems to have a faulty play/start button. When I hit play, it doesnt do anything! I literally got to to press cue then start at least 3 times for the button to start playing. Its killing me on my mixes. Anyone have this problem or is there anything I can do to fix it. American Audio says that it will take at least 6 weeks to fix!! I got a gig every friday for the month of November. Has anyone had this problem and is there a quick fix that wont leave me w/out my players for 6 weeks?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

ciph,
unfortunately I have never heard of this type of issue before. Do you have access to a spare CD player that you can use while the units out for repairs? I always have a backup unit just in case. You do know if you overnight the unit, once the repair is complete, they will overnight it back to you, but if it takes 6 weeks for the actual repair, or to get the parts needed, then that really won't help. Maybe "Support" or "Master DJ" can help.
Actually I don't mean to put a damper on this issue but I have one player that does this. It only does it once in blue moon. I will play a few cd's and then I put one in and it just clicks and clicks like it can't read the cd. I eject and try different cd's and still nothing. I usually at that point turn the unit off and surf the net. This behavior started just after my warrenty ended. I did call support and they were cool enough to offer to fix it as if it were still under warrenty. I didn't follow through though. It just seemed to happen once in a while and as soon as I started to pack it up. I checked the player again and of course it worked perfectly. Long story short these players stay at home for practice and I use another set of players for the road. Cool
DJ Stevie Ray,
I took your advise and sent it 3 day priority to them for repair and they're sending it back regular ground which is taking 9 days. I thought that if I rush shipped it to them, they would do the same. I had to rent equipment to play my thanksgiving gig only to call American audio today to find out that they sent it 9-day ground. On top of that the unit was fixed on the 16th and they said that it was sitting on the dock to be shipped until the 24th! What part of the game is that!! Not impressed at all! Waiting to be shipped for 8 days! That's very WACK!! Mad
ciph,
I don't know why it took so long. They are normally very good. Maybe when Joey see's this he can shed some light on the subject. (BTW, They don't ship USPS, they only ship UPS, so I believe they send what should be the equivelent, which should have been 2 day air IMO) As I said, we'll have to wait to see what Joey, or what one of the other ADJ guys can tell us.
Skillz,
We'll see. I have another gig to play in Florida on the 29th of this month. I have a funny feeling that I'm gonna have to rent a cd turntable(which will probably be different than my other PS2) and use 2 different cd turntables again like I had to do for the Thanksgiving bash because my same PS2 was in repair at American Audio. Confused

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.