Skip to main content

Using a DMX Operator Pro controller, is it possible to let the spots run on there own program, (audio control), as well as using the controller for personal scenes? I have some scenes set up, but would also like to be able to let them run on "stand-alone" mode too. Am I S.O.L. or is there a way? Thanks...
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

well there is a bunch of ways u can do this. ine way is to record a bunch of scenes and then have it playback as a chase but u can hit the audio button and it will play that chase to the music or u can turn all the channels except pan/tilt to their soundactive values and let em run like that but u will have to program movementand record the color and gobo wheels at their s.a. values! understand this? let me know jingles! oh i just re read ur question. u can reocrd it all as a chase but put ur personal scenes in when u need it and then let the rest be s.a. and record pan/tilt. ok? jingles out!
I'm sure you guys, (lighting techs) have heard this a million times. I'm mainly a FOH sound tech, but trying to upgrade my light show a bit. I guess what I was getting at, is I was looking for an easy way out. HA ha ha. I like to just let my spots do there own thing, (in sync with each other), and after programing just a few scenes, I realized how much time this is really going to take to get enough scenes recorded to run a chase scene for more than just a few minutes without repeating patterns. It seems as though if I want to use my Operator Pro controller, I must spend the time and do it right. Thanks for your input. Many props goes out to all you light techs that have the patients for this. LOL...
p.s. here is a little trick i use as im sure other people do too! once you know your fixture and know the specific values try to envision what u want as a scene and just go at it. sometimes it is quick and sometimes it can take a lil while! when i first started it took me a full week sometimes two to program to one song but now i can get 1 song done in a good nights work!! hang in there!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.