Skip to main content

I need a profile built for ETC/Elec Theatre Controls SL1210W SmartPack Wall Mount Dimmer, 12 Channels. I don't find any in the fixtures listing in myDMX. It will be used to run a neon bottom lit dance floor.

I will be using 3 of these packs. 36 channels total. 6 which will be running neon sticks in the colors of rgbrgb and 6 running yyyyyy. Then 3 channels will be and incandesant chase on the outside perimeter of the floor going clockwise rgb. Then 3 more channels used on the inside perimeter chase going rgb counter clockwise. Then 6 channels will be used for what we call a cyclops on the front of the DJ Booth. 3 of those channels running the square chase of rgb in the cyclops and 3 running the spokes of the cyclops in rgb as well. Then I will use 6 channels on a outer red star in a 6 channel chase and I will use the final 6 channels on the inside blue spoke star in a 6 ch chase as well.

Total of 36 channesl (Total of 3 ETC/Elec Theatre Controls SL1210W SmartPacks) each channel is a individual channel. when you see the comments of rgb it is a single channel red green blue chase.

I would like to group the fixtures as follows 12 channels for neon floor, 3 channels for outside boarder, 3 channels for inside boarder, 6 channels for cyclops, 6 channels for red star, 6 channels for blue spoke star.

And if you could comment on how to add audio to a chase that would be great as well.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

you dont really need a profile for dimmer packs. just use the generic dimmer in the generic folder in the scan library. also i dont believe you can add audio to chases in my dmx. you cna in compu live but my dmx is a basic controller with some higher end feature unfortunately audio is not one of them. also my dmx doesnt have chases so explain what your are programming. sincerely,
He's got pre-programmed fixtures and really what he wants is something to represent those.

He's already asked twice for dimmer packs to be added. He's been told you don't need to do that.

Bottom line, when you're programming your light show, you may have a BIG stack of racks off the side of the stage. Honestly, no lighting designer/operator gives a crap WHERE the dimmer packs are, as long as they are working properly.

He needs to use generics or tweak something to meet his needs.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.