Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am experiencing glitches with this new software! So before I start to explain what a few of the glitches are, I would like to get the old March 2009 software and re-install it. I do not want to mess around and try to make this new one work, the old one worked almost perfectly for me and I do not have time to monkey around with this one. I would like to go back to tried and true March 2009. Can you help me out here Jingles, send me or post a link to download the old software?

Here are 2 huge glitches I have experienced since installing the new software and this never happened with the previous 2 versions I have run:

1. I have to uninstall MyDMX from my computer and reload it, so that it will recognize the dongle. I have tried it over and over and this is what I have to resort to and the only thing to get it to see the interface. Not fun kids!

2. Whenever any scene is playing all is well UNTILL I move the cursor to look at the individual faders on any profile by dragging the bar on the bottom of the faders either way. The second I scroll past the current faders, it causes all lights to momentarily blink or just go crazy with all different colors then right back to the scene that was selected. It does it almost every time, however not every time. Still makes the show suffer and appear amatuer.

Please help Jingles and send March 2009 download ASAP!!!!!!

Thanks,
Ric
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Go to your Start menu and then right-click My Computer (or "Computer" if you're on Win7) and select Manage. A menu will appear and in the left column you will see Device Manager listed. Select that, and you will see all of your devices listed there. If you right-click on a device, you can select Properties where you will be able to access the version number for the driver.
Jingles,

the driver date is 3/15/2010
the driver version is 1.2.3.0

the laptop is an older one but I remember checking with you before I bought MyDMX and you had told me it had over double the capability to handle MyDMX. Next time I fire it up, I will send the exact specs.

Thanks,
Ric
I told your issues to the developer and that is what he sent me to give to you. So I'm pretty sure it will. It's very easy to install. All you do is download the exe to your desktop and launch it. Let it install the new drivers and you are done. You can even delete the exe file once it's done. Also have the interface plugged in and my dmx NOT running when you do install it. Ok? Let me know how it goes so I can report back.
Thanks Ric.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.