Skip to main content

I have 2 DJ Scan 250s. They are both doing the same thing. We running them with DMX, you can pick a gobo and it will stay for a few seconds, then all of the sudden it will start skimming through the other gobos, reverse and go back to what you pick orginially. Also, sometimes it does it with the color/pan/tilt too. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be casuing this?

I have ran them both on 3-4 different DMX boards with the same results, so I am sure it is not DMX controller related.

Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

None, just the one light. About 10 ft. I am using a mic cable. Not using a terminator. I will try a terminator and a real dmx cable.

Are you thinking it is losing/unsyncing with the DMX signal part of the time?

Is that usually the case? (I take it since you work for American DJ, you understand what it is doing and have seen this before.)

Thanks,
Brian
yes I work for American dj. And I have seen this problem before but not with any specific lights. More like an educated guess. I think your having data issues but with one light it is rare. Call our service dept Monday morning if the new cable doesn't help but I'm guessing a new cable for one light at 10 won't really do much. So give us a call on Monday. Sincerely,
Jingles,

Our church is really want to use these now so I wanted to get to the bottom of what is going on with them.

I have tried them on the ENTTEC Pro dongle with Freestyler, the Behringer, and a few other current boards. They still were jumpy.

Yesterday I got a hold of a LSC Dmx Operator and they worked great.

Why do the lights work great on an older console but not anything newer?

I am using real DMX cable and a terminator. Just a single light on a 10ft cord.

Is there a difference in the "version" of DMX the DJ Scan 250s are "looking for"? Do I need new chips to work correctly with current lighting boards?

Thanks,
Brian

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.