Skip to main content

Hi there.

I'm working on a project that's running a CC-4000 off an inverter, and I was wondering if anyone new what the power consumption of a CC-4000 was. The unit is powering a set of LEDs drawing 28 watts per channel, (4x28=112 watts) but I need to know what kind of consumption the CC-4000 eats too.

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

All I can find is the CC-4000 is a chase controller. Typically, they don't draw much on there own, same as dimmers and switches. I know this has to be confusing since the CC-4000 has fuses and current draw ratings, but this is mainly for current passing through. Since you're on a power inverter with limited capacity, I can certainly see why knowing this information would be important.

What's also important as what are the LED fixtures you're running, as perhaps you shouldn't be running those off a chase controller in the first place.

I did a search for CC-4000 and American D and I found something in regards to the Sparkle manual, which specifically mentions the CC-4000 as a chase controller.

Sparkle Manual
To figure this out, you might need to make a trip up to your local Home Depot. If you don't have a volt/amp/watt meter, this might be a great excuse to buy one! Unfortunately Home Depot doesn't carry the one I have , but you can figure out what you need to know with a simple device. These are great:

http://www.killawattplus.com/?...eq158CFQKbnAodYnYLbw

You can essentially do the same thing with a multimeter, but for $20, it's well worth having - very handy little device! I've had this for a few years and haven't had any problems with it.

Hope this helps!
LED traffic lamps are meant to be on/off, although they take less than a second to come on/off. Designed for low maintenance and long hours, which must be why I see them constantly being replaced!(gotta love government contracts!). And yes, they can handle blinking as it's rapid on/off, but no variable voltage.

So, to take Jingles' advise: no dimming, just on/off. Worse case is you damage some or all of the LED's.

I won't say anything negative about ProLightDesigner's comment. I have a digital voltmetere and ammeter, but for the money, might as well get one of these too just for more monitoring purposes.

What is the actual nature of this application? Is this for disaster support services? If so, really, the best method is a single 4-way positioned system(cans at 90-degrees with short snoot), and then flashing 1 second on, one second off. At least here, that means "STOP BEFORE PROCEEDING", unlike doing the same with yellow that means "PROCEED WITH CAUTION PREPARE TO STOP", or as people treat it: 80MPH HAZARD INTERSECTION!

But I don't know your application. We know what you have though, and thats, a ig help.

Are those bulbs a medium screw and would they fit into a par38? Might be interested in buying some off ya, say like 32 of them if the price is not nuts.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.