Skip to main content

Install:
trying to get a wall wash/ bounce.
1st wall: Length: 33' pillars every 10'.
2nd wall: Length: 15' no pillars
I was planning to install 8 Par 36 LEDs.
2 fixtures between each pillar - total 6.
Then 2 on the 2nd wall with no pillars - total 2.

The wall height is 12'. Their will be booths
against the wall. So the light is intended to wash the booths and the wall.
My hang height will be about 10 feet.

My question will I get enough punch (insensity) from the Par 36 LED or am I going to be disappointed.
I am looking at the Par 36 LED instead of the Par 64 LED, due to cost restrictions.

Anyone ????
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hmmm...

I've seen the P64 in action and think you'd need at least this to do a "fair" job, based on the coverage you are looking for. I can't imagine the P36 would work.

I've seen the P36 and P64 in several stores around my town now. You should try and view them for yourself.

Guess it depends on your expectations.
I wish I could see them in action. The video on the web is pretty weak. Does on show a single can washing a wall. It show two cans washing a truss. Very artsy, but not very informative. I live upstate N.Y., so not many options to see them in action (that I know of).
Thanks for your input.
I also read about the Optipar at the elation forum. Unfortunately they say they will price at $500 to $1000??? each. Way over buget for the club install I've been ask to bid on. Seeing I'll need about eight fixtures to do the job. That's kind of pricy. Maybe someday I'll do an install that has real $$$ in the buget. Thanks for the info. though.
Alway curious about new gear.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jlights:
[qb] I also read about the Optipar at the elation forum. Unfortunately they say they will price at $500 to $1000??? each. Way over buget for the club install I've been ask to bid on. Seeing I'll need about eight fixtures to do the job. That's kind of pricy. Maybe someday I'll do an install that has real $$$ in the buget. Thanks for the info. though.
Alway curious about new gear. [/qb][/QUOTE

It is unfortunate that you have a low budget to work with because LED fixtures are very cool WHEN USED PROPERLY. The cost is a really big issue right now because the really good units are super high dollar. The Elation and American DJ stuff is really great entry level but when doing larger jobs you have to use high powered units featuring LUXEON LED's. Anyways, good luck

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.