Skip to main content

Hi James. There are actually 3 similar profiles - X-MOVE LED, X-MOVE LED rev.1 & X-MOVE LED rev.2.
The closest to the X-MOVE Plus is the rev.2 which I have amended slightly to suit the Plus. Since i cannot see a way to attach it here i will mail it to you for future reference.
Cheers
AndyH
Hi James,
Minor changes as follows:-
Gobo Channel (4)
DMX Channels 64-71 changed to "Open Shake"
DMX Channels 72-78 changed to "Gobo Shake"
DMX Channels 79-85 changed to "Gobo Shake"
Shutter Channel (5)
DMX Channels 140-181 changed to 140-180
DMX Channels 182-189 changed to 181-190
DMX Channels 190-232 changed to 191-231.

Cheers
AndyH
OOOH SORRY!!!!
I haven't "Messed" with this profile before it is tested, I have modified an old profile to suit a new fixture for which a profile doesn't exist. These changes were made inaccordance with the DMX Traits from the Instruction Manual, the source of any new profile.
If you don't like it, delete it.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude at all. Or upset you. I assumed you were making changes to the profile cause you already had your lights and found errors with the traits from the manual to the actual working units. Suppose that's what I get for assuming. lol. Didn't mean any disrespect. The traits from the x move and the x move plus are identical according to the manual so there is no need for a "New" profile unless someone finds some changes. I know our manuals are sometimes off. Let me know what you find and again I do apologize.
Sincerely,
Personally, as much as I like and "trust" the 3D Visualizer with MyDMX, I don't trust profiles until they've been tested.

My recent example involves properly configuring and oriented my Chauvet Q-Spot 150's so they match what the 3D Visualizer shows.

It's tough to work on profiles for lights you don't have. Only way anyone trying to help you out is educated trial and error. I also think it would be a nice idea to produce a manual that documents the Library Editor. I also realize due to how much stuff there is available it might be very difficult to to document the whole thing. I've also noticed here that many users requesting profiles who have noted errors are often being quite helpful in provided graphic descriptions to help Jingles make the necessary corrects. Along those lines, I want to point out DJ-Andy, who is asking for help wiht a specific light AND is providing a direct link to the manual to help Jingles have easier access to resources.

I also encourage new users to mess around with profiles, or at least copies of profiles. I don't like having to rely on anyone else for help. I behave a lot like my own island at sea because I have to be as self-reliant as possible. I sometimes do tours, or I am on-site and I don't have time to SMS or IM someone or even call to get help.

We all benefit from working together here. As a community, we've done a lot to help outselves on supporting new lights for MyDMX.
James,
Apologies accepted. The profile for the x-move plus is certainly (slightly) different to the ones already in the library. I now have my x-move plus's and have tested my amanded profile. I have also corrected the colour order and i can confirm this profile is working correctly. It does give a beam warning in Editor, stating that the beam is not open by default but (as far as i can tell) that IS the case. Channel 5, the Shutter/Strobe channel values 0-7 is blackout - values 8-15 are open. Let me know if the beam warning refers to something else?
I will mail you the profile.
Regards,
AndyH
Hi,
I want to use my DMX, but I find it to hard to create this fixture on my own.
It is the Showtec Genesis Scan EHJ

I could only find the German manual on the official site, but the dmx values are there:
product site
manual link

The tabels start on page 12
I really tried to create this fixture on my own, but some channels have more functions and I can't seem to find out how to to combine them.
I hope you can help me.
Thanx in advance!
I suggest to all MyDMX users to play with the Editor a bit.

Even so, a single channel with multiple functions can be a bit "intimidating" at first. Fortunately, when you get into the editor, you'll see it will allow for ranges for specific functions. It's not the most intuitive interface, but it's at the same time not terribly difficult to learn if you take your time and choose to not try to rush through it.

Of course, I can't stress this enough, do test it as soon as you can. For me, it's not so easy since I got stuff in the truck preventing me from having easy access to my lights, but I do what I can when I can.
Link copied to your clipboard.