Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Freshfluke:
quote:
Originally posted by icebrkr:
So you could have the sides of the wheels act as a 'nudge' (pitch-bend) while the tops can act as a 'scratch' or 'vinyl' setting.

nope, this is the plastic rings are for...
they split the different notes - so if you touch the jogwheel on the plastic rings you can pitch bend etc. and if you touch the jog wheel on the top, then you can scratch etc.

Wait? I'm confused. So you can map the tops of the jog-wheels to one note and the sides (where the nubs are) to another note? And I hope you don't need the rubber/plastic rings that came with it-- I think I tossed those thinking they were for protection/packaging. :-S
quote:
Originally posted by icebrkr:
Wait? I'm confused. So you can map the tops of the jog-wheels to one note and the sides (where the nubs are) to another note?

yes. touching and turning are sending separate midi messages. and if you want to separate them, you need the plastic rings, since the plastic doesnt transport your "touch".

e.g. i mapped my jog wheels in a way that if i touch the platter i can scratch a track, i.e. track stops and follows hand motion. if i touch the outer rings with the plastic on, i can pitch bend the track and it doesnt stop.

quote:
And I hope you don't need the rubber/plastic rings that came with it-- I think I tossed those thinking they were for protection/packaging. :-S

outch. i meant those. :-/
please contact the ADJ support if they can send you replacements...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.