Skip to main content

I'm a 'small potatoes' dj that started 3 years ago w/a ****** CD MX-1. It was simple, basic and got the job done. I decided it was time to step up to something that might present some new challenges so ordered the Pro 1000 on Mar. 17 through a local music store. Once connected I couldn't get any drawers to open. Checked, double-checked connections, turned it off and on and each time I turned it on the lights would twinkle differently. Tried calling ADJ support and they had no ideas. Took it to the music store, they also looked everything over and were getting the same response. It was sent back to ADJ and 2-1/2 weeks later I finally have it back. Used it yesterday for a wedding and it performed well. I sure would like to know what really went wrong with this thing. The music store read the abbreviated notes on the W.O. but couldn't make heads or tails of it. AS well, ADJ tried to pass shipping costs off to the music store to pass off to me, for a brand-new, never-been-used, faulty product??? Thus far, product support has been disappointing, to say the least. This forum was one big reason I bought an ADJ product. I'm wondering if anyone can track down for me what the problem was with this unit, just for my info. A second thing that never occurred to me, this player doesn't have speakerphone jacks. This is something I use alot to preview song selections before cueing them up while the other unit is playing. Any other suggestions? I am running through a ****** mixer board (1202)which has a headphone jack but thus far I'm unsure how to be able to preview tracks. Thanks Roll Eyes
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Shelda ..

Sorry to hear about that. The problem you might have had was probably due from Bad Shipping. Sometimes during shipping accidents do happen, and probably have gotten dropped before you bought the product. Unfortunetly i have to say you are the first person to have given us a statement like this.

If you want to preview tracks on your headphones it's best that you do that with your "mixer". Thats what the mixer is for. If you find a headphone jack on any player it was made to be heard as a solo player with no mixer. Putting a headphone jack into a Dual CD player is not exactly the correct way of DJ'ing, if i am understanding you correctly. If you are using the DCD PRO 1000 you would hook that up to a 19"
Mixer, and then you would hook up Line 1 ( Left side of the CD player ) to Channel 1, and Line 2 ( Right sideo of the CD player ) to Channel 2, and then you would hook up the headphones to the mixer to hear both Sides of the CD player to make a successful Mix.

I am happy to hear that the problem was fixed though, and that it's now in working condition. I am pretty sure ADJ support did the best they can to fix the problem for you.. you said you got the unit back in 2 1/2 weeks? Thats not bad compaired to most other companies.

If your upset about the shipping cost then i recommend you contact Support 1 more time, and explain to them that you didn't even get a chance to play with the unit, and that it was brand new. Thats the best advice i can give you on that part.

If you have any questions regarding the unit please feel free to ask away. We are all here to help out.
Thanks for the reply. So, as far as the speaker jacks go, looks like I'll have to experiment with using them through the mixer board. I guess it's just too bad I hadn't thought of that earlier. I've been using my previous player w/a mixer board as I liked having the flexibility of adding other things such as a Karaoke player and microphones. You know, be 'all things to all people'. And as far as the shipping charges go, luckily, my local dealer did not take the advice of ADJ support to pass those charges on to me. At least, that's how I got it. The serial number I got off the back of the unit is 0142865. I feel quite honored ( but maybe I should also be a bit fearful???) to be hearing from Big Boss Mob AND DJ Skilz! Thanks, you guys...
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Shelda:
[qb] Thanks for the reply. So, as far as the speaker jacks go, looks like I'll have to experiment with using them through the mixer board. I guess it's just too bad I hadn't thought of that earlier. I've been using my previous player w/a mixer board as I liked having the flexibility of adding other things such as a Karaoke player and microphones. You know, be 'all things to all people'. And as far as the shipping charges go, luckily, my local dealer did not take the advice of ADJ support to pass those charges on to me. At least, that's how I got it. The serial number I got off the back of the unit is 0142865. I feel quite honored ( but maybe I should also be a bit fearful???) to be hearing from Big Boss Mob AND DJ Skilz! Thanks, you guys... [/qb]
It's a local music store, but is it an authorized american dj/audio dealer?

What you can do next time, bypass the Dealer, he may have gotten it from a distributor, or passed it to an "internal" repair center. If you called ADJ and it was a brand new unit, 99.9999% of the time, you ask for an RA # and your issue is resolved. Shipping costs would of course be incurred if it's demanded on a rush . . if you send it to adj 2nd day air, it comes back to you 2nd day air. Paying the shipping in is a minor thing.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.