Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was under the assumption that the stepper motors were for movement.

You might want to send this into repair. It could be more than just a bad motor or set of motors. Have you cracked your fixture open? What control do you still have on the fixture? Ideally, the more you can still control, this should play better in your favor.(maybe it's not PCB damage). Do you have control over the bulb or if you don't have bulb control(because its controlled by a shutter) and the bulb still lights up, again, this is definately in your favor.

But, if the gobo and shutter won't move, I'd be worried about additional damage. Talk to the guys in support and take their advise.

If you're in there, I'd also check gears too to see if they are stripped.

Hey, I'm all for DIY repairs. Right now, I have a 16MM projector failing and I have a "sacrificial" projector I keep stealing parts from. But I have a recent repair that requires a bearing to be replaced, ad I simply can't get the arm off due to how THAT bearing is rigged. Spent 4 hours last night working on that! I'll do the film transfers later today. I may turn the sacrificial projector into the production projector, but I gotta move the 5-blade shutter wheel, and that is a major pain in the butt.

I still need to call ADJ Support to get a RA for a light. Unfortunately, me and voice aren't a good combination right now due to illness.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.