Skip to main content

My GALAXIAN SKY laser suddenly stopped working. Mirrors are still spinning, just that green laser is off. No external damage, just stopped itself suddenly. Wonder if I can buy and replace that laser by myself? I bought GALAXIAN SKY from Amazon couple months ago, do not have warranty on it.. Please help. Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Tomasusa,

Check out this link:

http://parts.americandj.com/Pr...tDesc=GALAXIAN%20SKY

American DJ sells most of the parts needed to do DIY repairs. If it were me I'd first probe around with a multimeter to see if I can isolate where the problem is. Just be sure you don't zap yourself while inside and be careful where you point the laser, especially if you pull the diode out of the unit.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I have no knowledge on how to repair it or r find which part went off. I just did assume that it was a laser, since the mirrors are still spinning and the rest, like display, menu seems fine. At the moment, I have no plan how to fix it, since I don't want to open it myself and I don't know anyone who could help me out with it..
Yeah, if you're not knowledgeable with circuits and electronics then it's best not to attempt repair. It may not necessarily be the laser diode itself - it could be a faulty control board, power supply, etc. The only way to find out for sure would be to open the unit and probe the circuits. Since you'd prefer not to do this yourself you can take the unit to your closest American DJ dealer or call ADJ Tech Support. Yes, you'll have to pay for the service, but you're paying for the replacement part(s) as well as the skill of the technician to fix the problem. I guess it's up to you to determine how much you're willing to pay to have it fixed versus buying a new unit. Best of luck fixing the problem!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.