Skip to main content

Hello guys,

I have  a bit of a problem. I have used MyDMX 3.0 for a while now and I am really enjoying it. I decided to buy the full package and everything, so I have got MIDI support. After I did so, I bought a Novation Launchpad Mini MKII. I worked with it for a while and everything was great, the only problem I had was the fact that there were only a limited amount of buttons. I recently bought a second Launchpad Mini MKII so I could hook it up as well and have double the amount of buttons. I set the Launchpad up to communicate over channel 2 (first one is in channel 1), but whenever I press a button on either of the Launchpad's, it doesn't see a difference between the two controllers. It doesn't matter if I press the button on 1 or the other Launchpad. It only sees which button is pressed, not from which Launchpad it comes.

Anyone any idea how to setup MyDMX to also look for a specific channel? Or setup windows 10 to work with multiple channels? 

With kind regards,

Sander te Winkel

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, you would have to tell one of the MKII's that it is operating in a different Midi channel or channels, i am not sure, but buying two of the same thing just means you will be duplicating the same midi settings unless you edit and change them on one, that's whats going on. You'll have to reach out to Novation on how to change things. 

I do not understand your last questions, are you referring too midi channels?? Or what channels  are you talking about? 

Thanks Jingles for the quick response, are you also the guy from the youtube videos?

Back to the point, i have setup the second Launchpad to work on channel number 2. I did this with the help of the advanced manual found on Novation's website. So i don't think there is a problem with that. I also tried backing this up with a midi utility (something like midixo or something) but im not sure if i chechec correctly. 

On the second thing. I am talking about the midichannels. I am suspecting something within windows 10, because you can choose a channel in mydmx and on the controller. 

With kind regards,

Sander te Winkel

Yes i am, the one and only 

I think you have to check and make sure that by default the launchpad doesn't use more than one midi channel to operate all the buttons? I'm not a MIDI guy, and def. dont do my own mapping, i just use a midicon if i need midi faders on mydmx.  

Windows has no bearing on the midi channels it is all up to the controller, mydmx is simply listening to the MIDI coming from the controller. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.