Skip to main content

Hi,

I've just purchased the VMS4 also...been waiting along time for it and was happy when it was released. This is my 1st controller I've purchased so can't go on past experiences.

Firstly when using cross fader on controller and channel faders when moving is it meant to also move on my computer software? (virtaul DJ LE that came with it)

Next I've just recorded my first mix using the record button, listened to it back and when I've cut out tracks using cross fader they still seem to have recorded onto the mix..am I doing something wrong here..any help will be a blessing as I'm getting confussed with this controller at the moment.

Thanks people.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Moving the faders will not move the faders on the software, because the vms4 sliders/faders are being used in analogue mode, not as midi.
However this can be changed, so that the faders act as midi. This should be explained in the manual. You can also check out: http://www.vms4dj.com/Files/vms4.pdf

Because the mixer is on analogue that is also why your recording was not proper with the actual eqing and crossfading, because the software eq and crossfading remained static. (i.e. the movements on VMS4 were not happening on the software eq and sliders)
Thank you Souf for your response...I kind of understand what your saying. So am I right in thinking if I sort out the sliders/faders from analogue to midi then this will also sort out the recording problem I had?

Looked at the manual and the link, can't see anywhere on how to change my faders to act as midi though..oh well bit more researching to do. I guess it's something to do with mapping them? But as I'm running the virtual Dj software that came with the VMS4 it won't let me configure anything (just comes up with upgrade box to pro), unless i'm looking i'm the wrong place...ha, like I said I'm brand new to the software controller side of the dj world.
All 4 of the dedictaed analog/usb switches are turned to usb. This I believe is right, I will only use the analog when I hook up my CDJ's but that is another issue for further down the line. Still just mastering the basics at the mo.

Maybe I will have to upgrade from LE to virtual dj pro, not another expense I really want to have to do though. (As I've read you can config on pro version)
quote:
Originally posted by Deaked:
All 4 of the dedictaed analog/usb switches are turned to usb. This I believe is right, I will only use the analog when I hook up my CDJ's but that is another issue for further down the line. Still just mastering the basics at the mo.

Maybe I will have to upgrade from LE to virtual dj pro, not another expense I really want to have to do though. (As I've read you can config on pro version)

try traktor pro software is more better
Cheers W.A.R.Z, well I've just seen how much the upgrade would cost from LE to pro on virtual Dj and it isn't far off the price of Traktor pro and as I want to hook my CDj's and use the 4 channel traktor is the way to go.
I was just looking for a solution for virtual Dj using the 2 channels till I can get my money together for traktor.
quote:
Cheers W.A.R.Z, well I've just seen how much the upgrade would cost from LE to pro on virtual Dj and it isn't far off the price of Traktor pro and as I want to hook my CDj's and use the 4 channel traktor is the way to go.
I was just looking for a solution for virtual Dj using the 2 channels till I can get my money together for traktor.

TRAKTOR PRO is available from stores worldwide and the NI Online Shop.

Full Version 199,00 €
http://www.native-instruments....raktor-pro/?page=217

Virtual DJ
If you choose Electronic Delivery, you are entitled to a 10% discount.

Price: $329 (266.42 €)
Discount: - $30 (24.29 €)
Total: $299 (242.13 €)

NO!!! COMMENT!! LOL!! Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by W.A.R.Z:
quote:

try traktor pro software is more better

I have just brought/Downloaded the free trial, its already better than VDJ Pro I have, only probs is the BPM Seems messed up on R&B/Hip Hop fine on house stuff though....
quote:
Traktor pro is the software used by dubfire,,richi hawting,carl cox and all the great artists and is the better solution to work with american audio with 4 decks for me ,,traktor & serato for my and more people is the only software profesional for djing

So untrue, it's not the software that makes you professional, but how you are going to use it.

Vinyl DJ-ing is very limited compared to what you can do digitally, but that doesn't make spinning with vinyl unprofessionional, does it?
It's the artist that uses it define it professional or not.

The same with the never ending discussion about VDJ (and consorts) vs Traktor/Serato.

Sure VDJ has limited possibilities than Traktor, but not less than vinyl spinning, so what is it that doesn't make VDJ professional for spinning?
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle_Brothah:
quote:
Traktor pro is the software used by dubfire,,richi hawting,carl cox and all the great artists and is the better solution to work with american audio with 4 decks for me ,,traktor & serato for my and more people is the only software profesional for djing

So untrue, it's not the software that makes you professional, but how you are going to use it.

Vinyl DJ-ing is very limited compared to what you can do digitally, but that doesn't make spinning with vinyl unprofessionional, does it?
It's the artist that uses it define it professional or not.

The same with the never ending discussion about VDJ (and consorts) vs Traktor/Serato.

Sure VDJ has limited possibilities than Traktor, but not less than vinyl spinning, so what is it that doesn't make VDJ professional for spinning?

who is talking about vinyl? virtual dj is a software for beginners, the sound is terrible effects also, I use traktor fully digital for years, and today traktor is the most stable secure and professional in every sense, the most famous DJs use traktor ,, For something to be!, I will not enter into debates, but what is clear is ... the best hardware / software has better works,,, and best supported by all the musicians (you can read DJS any magazine) is traktor Software. good everyone do what they want, I help with traktor who asks me for help, this world is free, I only helped and advised
Ok the guys, Traktor demo has been downloaded. Upon installation it asks if I'm using a USB controller if I click "yes" the VMS4 is not in the list.
So does anyone know how to get the VMS4 to run on the traktor demo?
Sorry I'm asking so many simple questions, but like I mentioned I'm complete novice to the controllers and software.

Cheers.
quote:
Ok the guys, Traktor demo has been downloaded. Upon installation it asks if I'm using a USB controller if I click "yes" the VMS4 is not in the list.
So does anyone know how to get the VMS4 to run on the traktor demo?
Sorry I'm asking so many simple questions, but like I mentioned I'm complete novice to the controllers and software.

Cheers.

when the program ask,,you say no to all
when the program is loaded go to config and import the tsi file ,,you can download in the vms4 web and it is all!! or download my setup and import
W.A.R.Z well I've installed Traktor answering NO to all, downloaded both yours and AA TSI file, know how do I import it, couldn't see a config tab, found something with settings is this it?
If so what is best to do next?
Sorry to ask but you seem very clued up on all this stuff.

Thank you.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.