Skip to main content

Have you guys seen this one before? I don't think ADJ carries it yet, but it looks cool. Its a mighty scan with upgraded features. 6000 hour discharge lamp with lazer and rotating gobos! I wonder if ADJ will be selling these? you can check it out here: http://www.glp.de/en/Products/Mirror_Moved_Systems/mighty-scan_cm_150.html

Phil
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm More then sure this will get deleted by the mods soon, but i have seen this before.

I doubt they will come out with this cause they wouldnt make the same profit as they do on the old model. nice light though, glp is a leading company.

Now that i read the specs, wow 14 rotateing gobos?? man that is competition to the 918 which costs $3000.

well adj I will buy 4 of them asap. or how do i get my hands on a glp model?
Does any other brand sell glp?

Maybe we can get someone else to import them!

Damn, I hate this policy! SO stupid... it shows how adj is afraid of their competition! (WE KNOW THERE IS BETTER STUFF! IT IS JUST MORE EXPENSIVE! WE WANT ADJ, so even though we talk about competitors it is ok!!!!)
American DJ & GLP (German Light Products) co-developed several products. We are business partners. These products include the MAX, Pocket Scan & Mighty Scan. Lighting products work better and are more efficient in 240-230 volts. That's the standard in Europe. The products have to be modified to work on 120 volts (US Standard). Not all products can be modified to work with all lamps from their original design form of 240-230v. It's not piratical to offer a product like the Mighty Scans for consumer use in the US at 240v. This partnership also includes American DJ sharing our technology of the "Show Designer" with GLP. You will see cross products between the two companies, however that doesn't mean all products are shared by both or are even capable of being shared.
GLP is the maker, and ADJ prolly buys the might scans from them. Sell that version! I guarantee it would be a super seller! You dont have to sell it for thousands either! I think $750 for a light like that is perfect. other people have higher prices for their equipment (like m a r t i n) because their stuff is made to last through concerts, and rough handlings.
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Trak Beat:
[qb] GLP is the maker, and ADJ prolly buys the might scans from them. Sell that version! I guarantee it would be a super seller! You dont have to sell it for thousands either! I think $750 for a light like that is perfect. other people have higher prices for their equipment (like m a r t i n) because their stuff is made to last through concerts, and rough handlings. [/qb]
I think of all people Master DJ is in the know. He knows what he's talking about and isn't talking nonsense.
As for concerns about the board policy, that is stated in the agreement you accept upon registration, if you have any issues please email a forum administrator where your issue can be handled personally.
Furthermore, it has nothing to do with fear of competition, it revolves around giving free advertising and promoting another product on a privately owned message board and thus there are rules set forth by the oompany that must be followed.
respectfully,
tags
Billy, as you may have noticed, and I know you have I also updated your controller forum question, down in the r&d section, hopefully you enjoy that place as well, and we can work out any issues that have happened here, if you have any questions or have anything to say please shoot myself or any admin's an email, we're always willing to talk.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.