Skip to main content

I just bought 2 of the above used for a great price (another club shut down) and need a controller.(they sold the 1 they were using with them) Anyhow, what controller should I get for these? A local shop said I needed a 2 channel analog controller and he would install/setup for around $500. I figured that was crazy, so I wanted to check with you guys first.

BTW what produces a better show fog or smoke? I'm dealing with 3000 +/- square feet (14ft ceilings) and need a machine for a budget of $200 or under. What should I look at?

Thanks for the time and help
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the help guys.

I have the newer strobes (DMX interface) so I guess I need the SS-DMX/19C instead of the s-10s.

DJ-Ray- I take it since you mentioned 2 fog machines that you prefer fog over smoke? Is it thicker? OR? As for the amount, I want something that doesn't take forever to fill the room (1 OLD fog hog, isn't cutting it). I wanna be able to fill the room in a few mins. for the strobes to be used during different songs.

Thanks, again, for the time and help
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_RAY:
[qb] I don't think theirs much difference between fog and smoke. I always thought they were pretty much the same thing. Unless your thinking about haze? [/qb]
AHHHHH, thats what I was thinking about. NOW, which 1 is better for show/thickness HAZE or smoke/fog?

Thanks DJ
If you doing a stage haze is better since it provides a thin even supply of fog. Fog gives you a stream/burst of fog that takes some times to spread out unless you have a fan, fog is also thicker. The volcano is a fogger than evenly distributes fog, it's a cheaper alternative to a hazer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.