Skip to main content

I have been using Mega Hex Pars for a year or so and am finding that my dmx cables are starting to fail.
I am concerned that it is due to the pressure being put on the cables where they join the ends from trying to fit them around the scissor yoke. Due to the design I often seem to need to bend the cable against the metal end to stand the fixture at the correct angle.
Are other people having this problem? Is there a way to prevent this?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, as long as you are using a good quality DMX cable and are not literally having to bend the cable 90 degrees where it meets the jacket, this shouldn't really be a problem, use a slightly longer cable and always check to make sure there is plenty of slack on the cable to nothing is pulling.
You may even be able to find a 90 degree angle DMX cable, but those def. won't be cheap.

Hi Jingles8302,

I am mostly using the cables that came with the fixtures, and yes I am literally needing to bend the cable at 90 where it meets the jacket against the yokes. This is nothing to do with lack of slack. This seems to be the only way to get the fixture to sit on the ground at the angle needed. There just doesn’t seem enough clearance between the yoke and the fixture.
Right angled cables do seem an obvious solution, but are not only expensive, they are also quite uncommon. I feel like, if that is the solultion, the fixtures should come with them 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am using them as in the 3rd picture, using the bracket to angle them, not as flat uplights. I cannot remove the bracket. It is when the cables come out of the bottom of the fixture and I need to use the inner (shorter) bracket at the front to get the correct tilt angle. It is not as bad if I can use the longer one at the front, but sometimes that just isn’t an option. It is a real struggle to get them to sit right

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.