Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey Leo, can we have a toll free number in Europe, not everyone lives in the states ! and to be frank, we use more toys than you guys, the main controllerist market is over here in Europe.

Also, Can one of the moderators (perhaps johnny aftershock who hasn't posted anything for almost a month!) create a series of well contructed, step by step guides to at least the main two programs, VDJ Pro and Traktor Pro.

How to import mappings, what to look for when things go wrong, what to expect when you push button X,Y or Z etc.

Most forums have this relating to their kit, but this one is very hard to follow, things are buried deep in conversations, revelent bits have been deleted "because it's against the rules" making following the thread useless.

For a new user this forum is a difficult and sometimes a hostile place to gather information, people like myself who are very experienced are unwilling to help, in fear of severe editing, deletion or getting into an argument with someone who is so blinkered they don't see the pain and sleepless nights some of these problems cause.

as you americans say "my two cents"

cheers
Mark
JSM-- Moderators are not all employees I am not Johnny aftershock boss so I can not have him do this. He actually is a DJ that freelances sometimes he will work our trade shows, i dont even know if all our moderators get paid some of them do this for gear and other have done it just to help other DJ's.

I dont know if Europe has an 800 number, i usually call direct, they have a different structure and provide customer service online http://www.americandj.eu/default/contacts.

"don't see the pain and sleepless nights some of these problems cause." look your up at this time now why dont you try calling the 800 # ill help you out. I know all to good about sleep less nights.
Leo,

You may be the best person to call, but until i have a cheaper way of calling the states, i refuse to call the American lines.

This product is sold in Europe, but then to get the support we have to call you guys ..

"no-fair" i think is the phrase.

We need a toll free number to call.

Calling the 800 number in the states still gets us an international call rate, well it certainly does from Spain and I used to work for the people who built phone companies and from my understanding there's not going to be a free way of calling the states from Europe.

Can I ask that someone takes this product seriously in your company, every man and his dog will release a 4 channel product in Nov/Dec, even the Thia copycats are onto it, so instead of being the only kid on the block, this product will become a tiny drop in a very large pond ...

if the forum is seen to be hositle, the product unsupported and in some cases defective. This product will not sell, remember everyone who's thinking of these products stops by the forums to see if the units work okay and what other users are saying about the product.

As for you comment on Mods, if you are a moderator on a board it should be your duty to be active. Not just to get your hands on kit before anyone else, or to "big up" yourself. I'm a moderator on many boards, and have been doing it since they were based on basic email lists ! i haven't asked for kit, special treatment it's about knowledge and assistance at a level higher than others
it is a real pleasure to read through all your postings, mark - you were asking for it and now you get it, this is the first warning for you, again. Please calm down and stay focused.

You weren't happy with your first unit and you seem to be unhappy with your second. If this item does not suit you, you may think over your buying decision and simply give it back and consider buying a product of another brand.

anyhow, unfortunately there is no toll free number for europe. but you can call our european HQ in Kerkrade/NL via 0031-455-468-500 and request a return call from our service guys. You can do the same via email service@americandj.eu
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Stewart (JSM):
For what ?

Harmut !
I am going to take a long walk now to calm down, do you do this to deliberately make people angry ?

I was being polite, sincere and i thought well written and to the point.

HArmut you have seen the video on youtube haven't you ... i'd say i was pretty calm about it, the fact that it resets every few mins when combined with an Audio4/8 connected.

My question on RMA'ing this unit right now (i was discussing this with Leo) or to wait until you have fixed the mic issue and the output level issue is still awaiting an answer.

If you want to ban me from here (again !), it's fine I am now in direct contact with the Directors in America, i'll ask them to deal with this personally, I'll also get them to read these forums, lets see how long you stay in your job

Harmut, you actually make me want to throw this out of the window and never deal with your company again ! and you are supposed to be the customer service manager ....
Normally i don't buy a product that's just on the market, i'll wait until i've read positive things on forums,... but when i saw vms4, i've sold my denon dn-x1500 & m-audio xponent because i've thought vms4 will be a good product. and i still think that, but i can't understand the less of support from ADJ. (to quick a product on the market without testing)virtualdj & traktor are products from a different brand (that's the problem). in the future, i'll gonna buy hard -and software from the same company. and i'll think it's normal that Mark & other people are a little bit dissapointed. i know how to import a tsi file en i know that you can make your own with "learn function" but i want full control & not searching for days how to make the jog wheel work or other things,(i'm a dj, not a programwiz) but when i asked for other settings, no one was giving me a good answer.also on traktor & virtualdj forums. I'll hope ADJ make some good support vid. Like Mark said, in near future every brand is coming with a midi controller, and if you want to be become a industry standard (like Technics & Pioneer, NI)you'll have to do better than this.peace
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick_belgium:
when i asked for other settings, no one was giving me a good answer.also on traktor & virtualdj forums. I'll hope ADJ make some good support vid.

now that i joined the vms moderator team, i'll looking forward to provide as much info as possible, be it in postings, videos and mappings - but give me some time, because i can only dedicate a limited amount of time to these tasks.

as a dj i'm feeling your pain and for the moment, i say: everything's gonna be better soon! Smiler
well mark, so you start to threaten me in person, so wow, that's a real nice move of you.

All you said and stated to me on on your facebook group was wrong. Just go through my posts, that's why I left all of them on here.

It seems that you have a personal problem with me! If so, let me know in person and we get into it and sort it out in order to make you a happy customer again.

All directors of ADJ are aware of what is happening here.
No need for me to hide!
quote:
For what ?

for continued violation of the following forum rule:
Piracy will NOT be tolerated. Any discussions of how to obtain pirated software, illegal download sites, program requests, and other piracy related topics will be removed. Users participating in the discussions also run the risk of being banned from the forums.

the forum rules can be read here: >CLICK<

now that this point is made crystal clear, i hope we dont lose you, since other postings of you have been helpful.
I'll forgive you this time, as English is obviously not your native language, but I have made NO THREAT ! to you.

Be very careful in the words you use in public places, especially when you represent a company, there are laywers that would love an easy libel case ...

Do i have a grudge with you, no, however the same doesn't seem to be the case for you to me ... remember telling me to "get lost" before having my previous account deleted ?

Not what i would call good customer relation skills, was it ?

That thread is already with the directors of ADJ America, as is this one.
Wow, there does seem to be a clash of personalities here...

To be honest, I can where Mark is coming from and from reading this thread I can see where the heat started and why Mark responded in the way he did.

From what I have read, there is more than one person here that needs to calm down ;-)

Finally Freshfluke, you quote a rule about software piracy, please tell me where Mark actually discussed pirate software or music? This thread is about adequate support outside of the US market.

Anyway that aside, while we can contact the US office free via Skype, it's not necessarily at our most convenient times for Europe with an 8 hour time difference.

Cheers,

Roy
quote:
I'll forgive you this time, as English is obviously not your native language, but I have made NO THREAT ! to you.

Be very careful in the words you use in public places, especially when you represent a company, there are laywers that would love an easy libel case ...

Do i have a grudge with you, no, however the same doesn't seem to be the case for you to me ... remember telling me to "get lost" before having my previous account deleted ?

Not what i would call good customer relation skills, was it ?

That thread is already with the directors of ADJ America, as is this one.

Actully forget it, email me directly arrange a full refund including my postage, and you and I will never cross paths again ..

I am completely sick of your attitude. I never want to deal with your company again ...AND THATS SOLEY DOWN TO YOU !

You personally have lost a customer from ADJ.
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Freshfluke:
quote:
For what ?

for continued violation of the following forum rule:
Piracy will NOT be tolerated. Any discussions of how to obtain pirated software, illegal download sites, program requests, and other piracy related topics will be removed. Users participating in the discussions also run the risk of being banned from the forums.

the forum rules can be read here: >CLICK<

now that this point is made crystal clear, i hope we dont lose you, since other postings of you have been helpful.

Freshfluke

Consider this your first warning, Hijacking a thread is against the forum rules ...

If you want to warn me about something, get the right thread.

So I take i have two warnins now.

Yours for perservering with something logical

and this one for, I don't know what ! i was having an adult discussion with the only person on the moderator list who is doing something to help the users. and I get a warning ...

fine. give me back my money in full, and I am gone ..
FULL STOP / END OF
quote:
Originally posted by Corneloues:
Finally Freshfluke, you quote a rule about software piracy, please tell me where Mark actually discussed pirate software or music? This thread is about adequate support outside of the US market.

this is referring to another thread, where mark stewart was continously making postings about the use of cracked software. i edited those postings, so the original content cannot be seen anymore.

if you have further questions please open a new thread and i will be happy to answer, since this one will be closed now to avoid further irritation.
I offer the following:

If you want a solution, contact me directly via skype, email, phone, whatever suits you.

If you want to give your unit back, let me know your adress where we can have it picked up. Please make sure to send me the original invoice (scanned) upfront via email.

If you would like to keep on discussing in our forum, please keep calm and stick to the rules. You have been helpful in alot of posts. But we need to find a way to get along.

ADJ Europe Contact:
Phone: 0031-455-468-530 or -500
email: service@americandj.eu
Last edited by Former Member
I am not usually one that likes to get into drama but,

There are a few mods and forum member that give great advice. Mark being one of them. I would hate to lose his experience here. I understand Mark can get heated but he has helped many members/users with far more information then most people can give. A common ground would be nice to find.

A suggestion to some issues is that there is a suppost tab on VMS4 website, why can't we get that updated the FAQ with real issues and the answers to those issues.

To be honest for example, who cares what you get with VDJ upgrade, people can go to their website and find out the answer.

There are repeat technical issues that people are having problems with the device. This shows in repeat post in the forum.
quote:
Originally posted by digital_junkie:
A suggestion to some issues is that there is a suppost tab on VMS4 website, why can't we get that updated the FAQ with real issues and the answers to those issues.

give me some time, i will start collecting common issues and put them into a troubleshooting document...
i done a wedding this pass wkend with my vms4 with virtual dj.

And the next day i when test out my vms4 and i have ran into a problems.Channel 3 (deck B)was giving me bad distored sound!But channel 2 (deck A) sound prefectly fine.So i decide to do a lil trial and error test.

Turn off my vms4 switch to 8 mode out.And turn it back on when into my virtaldj con. set up sound advance mode. put deck A on channel 1 and deck B on channel 4.And evathang sound prefectly fine.
But when i switch any deck assig. to channel 3 i get a bad distored sound.I can;t firgue out what the cuase of problem.I will give Customer Service a call.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.