Skip to main content

Sorry if this is a quick question. I am sure it is somewhere on here, but I am in a rush to get ready for a gig.

When you are running a scene, is there a way to manual override a fixture and control it during a scene? I thought there was a way, but failed to find it this morning.

Thanks for any help that you can give me in a very short amount of time.

Allen
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

While in user mode press the little button under neath the channel. You can switch between "AUTO", "LTP", or "HTP".

"Auto" is scene controlled.

"LTP" is Latest Takes Precedent which means the latest value is outputted.

"HTP" Highest Takes Precedent which means whatever value is higher than the other will control the channel.

quote:
HTP (Highest Takes Precedent) vs. LTP (Latest Takes Precedent)

Intensities can be resolved either HTP (Highest Takes Precedent) or LTP (Latest Takes Precedent).
LTP

If multiple controls (Look Masters or Cue Lists) are attempting to control the same attribute, the last one to move it will win. For example, if one cue sets a level to 75%, then another one is executed and it sets it to a level of 50%, the attribute will go to 50%.

Note:

Channel Masters are always HTP.

Cue Lists and Look Masters can be either HTP or LTP as determined by their properties.

Marquee's Latest Takes Precedence cue lists do not get automatically released when other cues take full control of all the attributes used in them. Their values are still valid and if the domineering 'more recent' cue list gets released, the values from the original cue list will get a chance to write to the stage again. Some may refer to this domineering behaviour as Stomping and the behaviour of re-writing to the stage after the release as Persist on Override.

for a LTP Cue List or Look Master to gain control , the losing control must also be LTP (i.e., not marked HTP).

HTP

If multiple controls (Look Masters or Channel Masters or Cue Lists) are writing to an intensity attribute, the one with the greatest value will win. The exception to this rule is if a control with a higher priority is wanting it to go to a lower level, it will win.
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.