Skip to main content

Hi everybody

Been a while (several weeks) since i checked out the forum. Wondering if there was any news about the low output level of the build-in sound cart of the VMS4. Last posts about this issue mentioned that the problem was/is known by support and they were working (looking) for a solution. Is there any news about this issue ?

The post that 'ADJ is working on a solution' is from a few months ago ...

I would be very interested for a solution about this, because I experience 'sound over modulation' in some cases due to the fact the output level is already at max, so when trying to push it a little bit further, the sound cart can't deliver that 'extra' volume and I get over modulation. The sound cart is very 'on the edge' about it's output level. Very annoying and disturbing when playing on bigger gigs, using big music installations.
I DJ every week, so it's a weekly recurring fact/issue.
That's is, by the way, the only minus on the VMS4 controller I experience. Been working for several months with it now and it's living up to my expectations (except for the low output level) !

Greetz
Kristof - Belgium
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

What makes it worse is the announcement of two new models from ADJ at NAMM, without a word from TPTB about the current situation, and what they plan to do for us.

It makes it seem as if all their interest lies purely in making more money, rather than supporting their existing customers who got stung with the first edition.
Good Morning from America! The message board internet stuff is a slippery slope. I would hope that nobody feels "Stung" by the VMS4. We came out with controller that DJ's wanted. When certain mics were not sounding good, we sent (send) out a fix at No Charge. When we found out AMD processors had an issue, we took care of that (Itch still cannot work with AMD chips). The low headphone was taken care of in V3.11 firmware. The only real issue for some DJ's is that the output is lower than they would like. For many (literally 1000s) this has not been an issue, they turn up their amps or powered speakers to compensate. Or, their situaion is one where the plug into another mixer (like in a club enviorment). What is amazing is that we were did not intend to be the best value, but now other manufactures have released theirs and in the states ours is $499.99, the MC6000 is $799, the NI is $899 etc, they are good products too, but if you go their message boards, they are having their growing pains too. Our still is more open ended too. We are working on many things with the best intentions for everyone. Again, this message board thing is a slippery slope and information, like this message, can put taken a lot of different ways.

We apprecaite everyone who owns or plans to own the VMS4. It is a great controller (and now the lowest priced 4 deck, never our intention!) and works great for many many DJ's. We hear you on the output and work daily on making it better.

If this sounds a little personal, it's because it is. There are many people, like Fresh Fluke, that are behind the scenes that have spent 100's of hours making the VMS4 great. Also, to see the VMS4 get held to a different standard than some of our competitors when we helped create the market that they are chasing is a little disheartening.

Finally, keep making great music!
On another thread it was mentioned that AA is working for both the mic issue AND the low output volume!
I think the low output of the mixer is much more crucial for the people that use the unit especially for those who bought it for professional use and i think the majority of the vms users agree with that.
So far we have not an official response about the volume and people expect an answer.
For me AA should replace the units with the new ones and i assume that these problems are fixed in the traktor edition or it has no meaning to do so.

Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by AAF1:
Good Morning from America! The message board internet stuff is a slippery slope. I would hope that nobody feels "Stung" by the VMS4. We came out with controller that DJ's wanted. When certain mics were not sounding good, we sent (send) out a fix at No Charge. When we found out AMD processors had an issue, we took care of that (Itch still cannot work with AMD chips). The low headphone was taken care of in V3.11 firmware. The only real issue for some DJ's is that the output is lower than they would like. For many (literally 1000s) this has not been an issue, they turn up their amps or powered speakers to compensate. Or, their situaion is one where the plug into another mixer (like in a club enviorment). What is amazing is that we were did not intend to be the best value, but now other manufactures have released theirs and in the states ours is $499.99, the MC6000 is $799, the NI is $899 etc, they are good products too, but if you go their message boards, they are having their growing pains too. Our still is more open ended too. We are working on many things with the best intentions for everyone. Again, this message board thing is a slippery slope and information, like this message, can put taken a lot of different ways.

We apprecaite everyone who owns or plans to own the VMS4. It is a great controller (and now the lowest priced 4 deck, never our intention!) and works great for many many DJ's. We hear you on the output and work daily on making it better.

If this sounds a little personal, it's because it is. There are many people, like Fresh Fluke, that are behind the scenes that have spent 100's of hours making the VMS4 great. Also, to see the VMS4 get held to a different standard than some of our competitors when we helped create the market that they are chasing is a little disheartening.

Finally, keep making great music!

As a (mostly) satisfied customer, I find your attachment to the product to be commendable, AAF1. You SHOULD be proud of your work.

At the same time, I see the point of others and have myself experienced it (though the easy fix is a 30 dollar DI box, even if a Mixer cannot provide the appropriate level boost, which is often the case).

I am myself about to E-mail support for a separate issue which is a dealbreaker for me and is likely to force me to use other gear, but it seems like it might be an individual model defect, as I have not observed many others having the same issue with their gear.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.