Skip to main content

Hey all,
First post here. Up until now my band has just used pars and a couple of low end effects into an SC-8FC controller which sat in the PA rack on the back of the stage. Not a good situation when i have to control lights and I'm one of the lead singers. So I purchased an FC400 foot controller, and would like some guidance on where to go next.

The ADJ website packages the FC400 with the DP-DMX4B. Is this the only controller pack that works with the FC400? If not, what other units can I use with it?

Also, can anyone recommend to me a good stage lighting setup based around the FC400 that has worked for them? What I mean is, how many pars, which specific DMX lights, how did you hook it all up, etc. And I know the initial reaction is "it depends on....". Yes, I know there are many things to determine the perfect setup, but what are all of YOU using that might help me understand the best system for my needs?

Finally, is there a better users guide than the barebones pdf that I get from this website? It really doesn't speak to someone like me using a unit like this for the very first time.

Thanks everyone!
Derek
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

if you want you can get an instructional dvd on the fc-400. you might need to e-mail somebody from adj or elation to get one. try e-mailing this guy. luis@americandj.com he is a nice guy e-mail him tomorrow and he might be able to send you one. i got one from elation just a couple days ago. as far as the manual goes posting here is a good idea. jingles. Big Grin
actually i don't "have" my lights yet. i get my first light tomorrow (adj performance scan 250). but i have a dmx op 192 that i got today. i just program light scenes and put them in chases for when i play my drums in my basement! it's what i do. but prior to deciding on what to buy i did a lot of research and a lot of the people on this forum and on the elation forum have taught me what i know today and the rest i picked up myself! any more question you can pm me!in case you don't know how to do that click on my profile and click send private message. peace! jingles out!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.