Skip to main content

Hello,
I bought a set of 2 DJ Scan 250HP lights and the controller for a a mobile setup that will stay on music activation mode most of the time, but occasionally I want to be able to direct the lights with a joystick. With the DJ Scan 250HP lights, I am able to manually control the lights but can't put the lights on music activation mode (as told by tech support), is this true? Will I have to manually toggle the dip situations to switch from dmx mode to music mode? I hooked up a ****** MX-1 and was able to switch between DMX and Music mode without any problems.

I was told my tech support that I can "program scenes" to play instead of switching to music mode. They told me to read the manual to find out how, I had read the manual already but as a new comer to lighting its not easy to "program scenes" to do all the movements of the music mode.

Can't I switch the lights from DMX mode to music mode from the controller?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

yeah it is true! sorry but u can't access the sound active functions on your light via dmx! u will either have to learn to program a lot of scenes that will cater to the look you are goin for or u might want to consider another scanner with s.a. mode via dmx! but u still would have to move the pan/tilt! there is no adj fixture that i know of recently that goes into pan/tilt via sound active mode! maybe one of the moving heads but not a acanner! sorry! best regards! jingles! Big Grin p.s. let me know if u need more help!
Yes the moving head is a great alternative, if it didn't cost 4 times as much! Wink

Before I return my DJ Scans 250HP lights for ******s, I am wondering- since you can download/upload scenes through USB flash drives, can someone send me some scenes. I really don't care how good/bad they are, because I just want the scanners moving without me being there!

Thanks
Most people who purchase intels and a DMX controller plan on programming the lights, that is probably why SA mode is not available while connected to the controller. SA mode is really for people who want an intel look but don't have a controller, or the time, knowledge, or patience to program them.

I know there were talks many moons ago, about doing an area on the forum, or through ADJ's site where people could share programs for different control/light combonations. It never happened, but maybe we could get that going again.

Also I could be wrong, but if he disconnects the DMX from the controller, the DJScans should go into SA mode on their own.
well i wasn't sure cause i don't own one but most lights bout prob. 80% of them go into s.a. when no dmx signal is present, right stevie? im unsure so try testing it out! plug the lights in via dmx line then run a couple scenes or what not then hit black out and turn off the controller and then see it if does anything also make sure u BUMP the music to make sure ur gettin sound to the mics! and make sure u take out the dmx line or try doin that after u turn off the controller! make sense? test this and let us know! peace! jingles!
quote:
Originally posted by jingles:
[qb] well i wasn't sure cause i don't own one but most lights bout prob. 80% of them go into s.a. when no dmx signal is present, right stevie? im unsure so try testing it out! plug the lights in via dmx line then run a couple scenes or what not then hit black out and turn off the controller and then see it if does anything also make sure u BUMP the music to make sure ur gettin sound to the mics! and make sure u take out the dmx line or try doin that after u turn off the controller! make sense? test this and let us know! peace! jingles! [/qb]
I tried your suggestion last night, it didn't work Frowner

For the music mode to work, I have to keep dip switch # 10 ON. For the DMX controller to work, I have to keep only switch # 1 ON. So, at least with just one light, you can't activate music mode from the DMX controller. I can't test with two lights because the other DJ Scan 250HP I got was defective. Frowner

Also, I tried programming scenes and chases with the instructions for the manual, they seem to be programmed properly (LEDs on controller flash) but the scenes never run! Not in music trigger, auto, or manual mode. Someone please reply to my other post asking for help/resources on programming DMX controllers.

Thanks

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.