Skip to main content

Hoping someone has some insight here, or if this is a known bug, an idea when this will be fixed.

The issue I'm seeing is when multiple Midi messages are sent (I do this to turn on different scenes controlling different lights or attributes of lights), invariably not all Midi messages are received within myDMX.  I have tried sending Midi messages from MobileSheets (song/setlist android software) and also from my Line 6 Helix to myDMX 3.0 software.  In the case of MobileSheets, it's a direct USB connection to my laptop running myDMX.  In the case of my Helix, it's going out via a Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth dongle connecting to a CME WidiBud USB connected to my laptop.  I've even tried a mio xc Midi to USB from my Helix to my laptop.

I can close myDMX and open MidiView (monitoring software) and consistently see all (in this case 6) Midi messages received.  But if I again open myDMX 3.0, and open the Midi watcher, I will only see 5, sometimes 3, sometimes 4, etc. messages.  It's not just the watcher, if I watch my scenes, I will not see all of the requested scenes turn on.

I'm otherwise very happy with the software and it's capabilities, but if I can't get Midi to reliably work, I'll have to go with something else.  I need to be able to design and control our show by sending Midi from either my song tablet, or my Helix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good morning.  Sorry this took so long, day job is getting in the way as of late.

I've attached the show file I'm currently using, a screenshot of the About screen with version information, and 2 screenshots regarding USB details.  My laptop is running Windows 10 Home, version 20H2.

Some more interesting details to share.  I have been able to get what appear to be reliable results using a USB connection from either my Line 6 Helix, or my Behringer XR18 digital mixer.  In either case I'm sending MIDI  messages from MobileSheets (on the Android) over Bluetooth to the MD-BT01 connected to the MIDI in/out of the Helix or XR18.  The Helix and XR18 are set to pass MIDI through to the USB port.  In the case of the Helix it is using the Line 6 Helix ASIO driver,  In the case of the XR18, I believe it too is using an ASIO driver.  While these seem to work, a straight USB from tablet, or MIDI port to USB on the computer do not reliably.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Attachments

Images (3)
  • ADJ myDMX About
  • USB Details 2
  • USB Details 1
Files (1)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.