Skip to main content

Hi,

Recently I got some lights and a DMX controller for my home to hobby with and learn how DMX works. I am aware DMX is overkill for me but I just want to learn the trade a bit .

Almost everything is working great, but I'm having one big issue with my DMX controller and am hoping someone could point me in the right direction!

The controller is a ADJ DMX Operator 384, but I don't know if it's an issue with this specific board or I'm doing something wrong.

I have one light on fixture button 1 (channel 1), and one light on fixture button 2 (channel 33).

I select fixture 1, play with the channels and the lights go on etc. Good.

Now I want to independently control fixture 2, but meanwhile I want fixture 1 to stay on and don't change.

So I deselect fixture 1, and select fixture 2. Now the lights in fixture 1 go off. Not good.

Any ideas? Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Thank you !

Original Post

Hey Raymond,

Thank you for reaching out to us for support.

The steps that you are taking are the exact steps that one needs to take when programming a scene. With this being said, the only thing that needs to be done differently is that you need to enable Program Mode before you even start programming your first fixture.

Let me know if you need further support.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.