Skip to main content

Can anyone offer any good links to MyDMX tutorials please? I have never worked with lights let alone DMX before and I’m looking to add them to my show.

I have looked at various videos on YouTube and they see fine then jump forward or miss parts out.

Once I have put the light into the screen, how do I make change colour or even work?

I understand how to add lights - but what next? – one video said “ok lets look at the 3D viewer – but then shows the lights working but not how to add lights or even create the area to put the lights in – I just get green lines and then get stuck.

ANY help would be much appreciated!
regards Smiler
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

got a bit carried away on your own channel as I love MJ so I was watching your light show - If the concert had gone ahead - you could have easily done the lights !!!!!
I have watched you other videos - to be honist -I dont get it. Your video goes from how to install - to lots of lights already set-up.

I realy need the VERY basics, Once I have put the lights into the main screen, what do I do next?
quote:
Originally posted by brainmoran:
got a bit carried away on your own channel as I love MJ so I was watching your light show - If the concert had gone ahead - you could have easily done the lights !!!!!

Thank you.
The thing to do next is to go to the editor tab and create scene by using the faders to adjust the dmx channels on your fixtures. once you have one set the way you want too you can then add a step over in the step section to create a scene with multiple steps or create a new scene.
Make sense? Let me know.
Sincerely,
Hi Jingles

can you tell me how to set up a BASIC 3d image please. Just two stands and a bar going across.

I want to put 6 lights on it.

I'm not doing to well with this. I have been to my local music shop for help before I buy it. But they said I have to go in next week as one one of their guys can use it.
I had trouble with the 3D Visualizer as working in that environment is rather abstract to me.

The best bet is to just dive in and try and learn. Or fail and learn, and then try again.

Stop beating yourself up. Just make steady progress. So what if you're slow. It's more important that you're learning it. Some people take longer than others. I just appreciate the fact that you're trying to learn and making what efforts you can to self-educate. I wish more folks would make those efforts.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.