Skip to main content

Hopefully that got your attention. Smiler Okay, I just purchased a DMX Operator. I also picked up two DP-DMX4B Dimmer packs. I am getting the basic idea about DMX and the whole addressing thing but I'm still a little confused. I want to be able to control all of my lights with the Operator...whether they have DMX built in or not. I have two Pocket scans, which I know I can run right from the board. I also have two Progressors, a Vertigo, a Roto-balls, eight pinspots, and two pinspots for a mirror ball. I know I can plug the non DMX lights into the power packs, but how do you program the board so I can turn each light on and off manually. Like "playing the lights"? How do you change what your pocket scans are doing, change the chase of your pinspots, and still turn the other lights on and off all while the music is playing? I'm not new to DJ'ing just new to DMX. Does anyone have a complete video or training course or something. No offense, but I got a video from AMDJ for the DMX Operator and it seems to taylor to people who already know how to program DMX. What about us "DMX Dopes" who would benefit from a "DMX for Dummies" video? It would be absolutely awsome if you could send in a list of your lights and a basic set up and have a video taylored for your needs. From the very basic setting up to step by step programming. I know I am asking for a lot but the bar I set up in is also a resteraunt, and I can't be in there taking up space trying to program all of my lights for 8 hours. Not to mention looking like an idiot in the process. I would even go out on a limb and ask if there was anyone in the Longmont, CO. area who could spend some time with me on this project. Thanks for taking the time to read this long sob story. Red Face
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

for analog lights, you need a relay pack that converts analog to dmx, as far as training in dmx is concerned, you could try to find a seminar happening in your area. download the dmx operator guide off of adj's website here the guide should give u some more ideas of how to get started. besides that, u mite just have to go trial and error and play around w/ it a lil more. sry but i dont know that much about programming dmx either, just how to execute pre-programmed scenes which only requires the touch of a button, lol. hope this helps anyway

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.