Skip to main content

about 8 months ago i ordered 2 pro scratch 2s and a qmx2bpm mixer from lightsounds down here in sydney. The first time i used them the sound did not go real loud at all. and my amplifier was blinkng red. the amp was rated at 500 watts a side. so the next time i used a different amp rated at 400 watts a side and it done the exact same thing at it wasnt even loud. So i thought the amps must have been wrecked. so i took it to a sound guy and told him the situation. he said it was more than likly the amplifiers, so i ordered a new amp and when i used the amp the same thing happened. Now i relise that it is defintly the mixer, i know it is not any leads cause i have tried different leads and everything. I thought american dj tested all there products before selling them.
thanks guys
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sounds to me like your speakers are way too overated for your amp. Other things to consider and try; Do you perhaps have another mixer you could swap out to see if you get the same results? Are you using balanced or unbalanced inputs/outputs between the mixer and amp? Confirm you have the right patch leeds between mixer and amp. Is there an external EQ/compressor/processor somewhere in the equation? If so you might want to bypass them for the test?

Thats all I can think of for now...good luck.

ROQ out.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.