Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Because I think thats the good way to install it ... What is the difference between internal and external mixing, what you recommend. And I don't understand the channel configuring part, why I put the parameter like this... output return, fx return

Last edited by Former Member
the assigned outputs in traktor and the midilogs dont match... hence the prelistening problems!

you should order the traktor outputs accordingly (from 1-8, if you want to have the decks from A to D from left to right).

since the vms acts like an analog mixer, you have to choose external mixing mode.
quote:
Is there any way to get out the sound on my pc speaker

yes, but that makes no sense - you would definitely loose the ability to prelisten your tracks!

you would have to choose your onboard soundcard in traktors preferences and then you'll find only one output pair to assign...

quote:
and what is the function of the output preview,

if you use internal mixing mode and if you have an external soundcard (not an inbuilt like in the vms), you could assing one output pair to the preview deck in traktor. i think not many ppl are using this feature and like to prelisten their tracks more in the opposite decks as it was always the way in "traditional" DJing.

quote:
fx return.

some mixers provide send/return jacks, this is for using send/return effects. it's just another way of routing an signal and hence the processing is different. again, i assume, only a minority of DJs is using it (if their hardware provides it).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.