Skip to main content

How do you spend your money on your buisnesses ?... do you use money you make from a part time job on ur buisness or do you spend money only that you make from djing on lightins and audio etc.

whats your guys opinions on how you should spend your money on ur djing , if it was from other stuff... then djing..... do you think you should spend personal money on djing or do you think you should spend only money on ur buisness that you make from your buisness..

dj vm
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Some of the money I make on DJ'ing goes back into the business on essentials like advertising, web page, business cards, replacement globes and music. If I really need something major like PA or lighting equipment I usually wait until its on sale to make a purchase but I never splurge - only essentials, the rest goes on the mortgage.
I pay everything for DJing out of my business account only, never my personnal money, or money from my day-job. The DJing pays for music, equipment, lighting, insurance, phone, business supplies, etc. and that's the way it should be after you get your initial equipment which has to come out of your own pocket, but which should also pay for itself within the first 2 years, but preferrably the first year. My DJing account is doing nothing but growing now. Eventually when it gets to the point I could purchase a few more P.A.'s, music, and lighting to go with them then I would probably take on a few more DJ's to start doing the work for me, and myself, well just stay home and make the bookings, and keep an eye on them.
I think it is subjective to were you are at with your business and personal finances. Most businesses are in debt of some sort for the first 3 to 5 years. This is usually relevant to growing the resources of the business to the point of being able to function on its own assets alone. Unless you started out with a ten to twenty grand rig with money in an expense account, you are probably going to be in the process of "building" your business for a while. you have to have a business plan with reachable goals. Then depending on how dedicated you are to those goals you can make a decision of how much or how little of your personal finances you can input into reaching those goals. If you personal finances and responsibilities have to suffer to reach your business goals, they are probably too lofty and need to be re evaluated. ideally everyone wants their business to be self supporting, but to have a competitive rig that will earn you good money you will have to make the investment first.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.