Skip to main content

I'm looking to make good mapping traktor for 4 decks, my idea about this is that according to the pfl you click, all the functions (jogs,, fx, loop etc) to pass down the deck of pfl, also would be nice when, for example those on deck A and C'll spend the color of the hotkeys is not the same, for example red for Deck A, and purple for deck C, and it would be the same for Decks B and D, , Will be tricky for me because I do not know much about mapping. to see if any good person can help us american audio,, this is my idea for work fine with VMS4 AND TRAKTOR PRO In 4 DECKS
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good thinking about the leds color WARZ.

I also have an idea, but seem to run into a difficulty that maybe AA can help me with.

I was thinking about using the crossfader assign knobs to select between decks a/b/c/d (use it as a modifier)
This way you don't have to offer up a button or knob from the top surface. With the shift button pressed you can still use the crossfader assign.
Why these knobs? Because you only have 2 variables that can be switched between.
But when I try to have these knobs assigned I get pretty confused about the midi messages they send out, as it appears the two knobs work in conjunction with eachother. When i switch both buttons they give off different messages when turning clockwise and counter-clockwise.
So ifAA can let me know how the knobs are working with the mesages I would get much further and the rest of the mapping would be a piece of cake.
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle_Brothah:

I also have an idea, but seem to run into a difficulty that maybe AA can help me with.

I was thinking about using the crossfader assign knobs to select between decks a/b/c/d (use it as a modifier)
This way you don't have to offer up a button or knob from the top surface. With the shift button pressed you can still use the crossfader assign.
Why these knobs? Because you only have 2 variables that can be switched between.
But when I try to have these knobs assigned I get pretty confused about the midi messages they send out, as it appears the two knobs work in conjunction with eachother. When i switch both buttons they give off different messages when turning clockwise and counter-clockwise.
So ifAA can let me know how the knobs are working with the mesages I would get much further and the rest of the mapping would be a piece of cake.

I was thinking more of using moving focus with pfls pressures, one for decks A / C (pfl buttons 1 / 2) and one for B / D (pfl 3 / 4) cause I like that when I hit one pfl have absolute control over the song.....I think my way is more natural and like working with vinyl.....so your idea is not bad,,but still need help from AA

PD: with the focus I meant to use a focus on the left side, DECKS A / C and another to the right (B / D),,,,,,I worked well with A & H Xone DX so and I liked the way that my friend had set
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
Originally posted by W.A.R.Z:
quote:
Originally posted by Jungle_Brothah:

I was thinking more of using moving focus with pfls pressures, one for decks A / C (pfl buttons 1 / 2) and one for B / D (pfl 3 / 4) cause I like that when I hit one pfl have absolute control over the song.....I think my way is more natural and like working with vinyl.....so your idea is not bad,,but still need help from AA

PD: I worked well with A & H Xone DX so and I liked the way that my friend had set

I was also thincking about these buttons, but now you have 4 variables for 2 decks. How are you going to have traktor figure out which deck to activate when you activate 3 or 4 pfl buttons?

If AA can find a solution. For this i'm all ears.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.