Skip to main content

Ok, I have 1 Accu spot 250 II and 4 accuspot 250's (not II). I'm a complete rookie and happen to have a show next saturday. I want to know this: If I set the accu spot 250 II to Stand Alone sound sensing mode, and hook the other 4 regular 250's. How can I make them follow? if possible.

I already tried (by following the manual) setting the 250 II to MASTER and hooked up one regular 250 and while the 250 II did it's thing, the reg. 250 just stood there.

Any suggestions? Please try to be as clear as possible cause I'm absolutely clueless about terms and all that since I'm completely new. Any help will be greatly appreciated and I will owe you big time! Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The Accu Spot 250-II's were slightly updated versions of the regular Accu Spot 250. Their DMX channel lineup and values lineup basically prefectly minus one value. So as long as the Accu Spot 250-II's are in 8 channel mode, they should have no problem master/slaving with an Accu Spot 250.

Also keep in mind that master/slave for newer lights uses DMX as the protocol to transfer commands from one to the other. So you could even, in theory, attach another light that isn't a Accu Spot 250 or 250-II and get something out of it in slave mode. Though you might not get much and might not work very well either do to DMX channel line ups and values.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.