Skip to main content

Alright gents/gals, I need some profesional opinions here. I reciently had the oportunity to purchase two(2) DJ Scan/RG's and two(2) DJ Scan's, at one-hundred dollars a piece($100.00). A deal no one should pass up, but what kind of controller should I use?

So far this is my set up on a ten foot (10') truss : two(2) DJ Scan/RG, two(2) DJ Scan, two(2) Laser Widows, Strobe, and Fog (I was thinking about going with a couple of titans as well, suggestions please!). What is going to be the controller of choice to run these lights effortlessly, and inexpensively. I was thinking maby DMX Solo or the Auto Mate. I dunno, this is my first set of intelegant lighting.

SOCK IT TO ME!!!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

What I would suggest doing is getting a relay pak to run your AC lights off of (titans, laser widows, strobes) so that you could run the entire setup off one controller. If you bought an operator or something of the sort (your choice)you could then easily run the entire show from the single controller.
well there is the Lanbox series for Macintosh (yes, they have a Windows version too) but you'll have to spend at least a week learning it, it is very different. It is also very nice if you are technically inclined. I installed one in a Six Flags theme park to run a light show synchronized to music & a spinning ride... it was awesome but you definitely have to be a nerd to take full advantage of it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.