Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

For a 250-watt halogen, it should be pretty darn bright.

My little 50-watt Electra, Rover and twin fixtures(Reflex and Barrel Flex) tend to get lost without fog, but it puts out enough to make my crowds happy for when I use it. I run them as a quartet typically since their combined draw is like 5 amps or something really low like that, maybe 3.

I would suspect that it should be rather bright, such as with my Sunray III except in a different type of way since it's one beam.

Running all 4 at once? Make sure you have the voltage to spare.

Do you have it in the open gobo position and clear/white on the color wheel? Just trying to trouble shoot. I'd set DMX channes 3 to ZERO, 4 to ZERO and 5 to 255. I bet you did that already though.

I know my Mystic is darn bright and works great and I think that's a 250-watt bulb in there. But again, that's not exactly as refined or focused as a Fusion Scan 250EX.

Seems you and this fixture are not getting along.
Let me just inject something. After all, I want to run up my post count. I like cookies!

Troubleshooting: I agree that a spare bulb(just one) should be sufficient for now. I have a hard time buying all 4 are screwed up the same way. I've seen it before, but in data comm stuff and it was surrounding a bad batch of components. There are mechanical parts involved this time, and who knows, maybe someone during the transportation process was inspired by Ace Venture: Pet Detective. I know you all know what I'm talking about.

When I did a show a while back, it used my two spots. I won't elaborate onto the application, but one was fine and one was not. What happened? The bulb popped out of the proper location a bit and that fixture appeared super dim. I quickly examined the fixture and "ouch, ouch, paper towel... ah, hot hot hot hot....(insert bad language)..... done", it was done. Re-assembled and it was fine the rest of the night. Wasn't an ADJ spot.

I am thinking that it may be something to do with the optics path as well. That's where I would have startef IF looking inside and the bulb appears super bright in there.

I'm just still a little confused only because I wouldn't expect all 4 to do it.

I also agree that a physical exam is required(of the lights, if you're telling them to bend over and cough, that's just wrong). If everything appears OK after a reset, get on the phone with tech support. Be in front of the fixture and ready to let them run the show for you for a bit.
Hello xoticpt . My name is Ernis Santiago and I am the Service Manager for American DJ/American Audio. We discovered a small batch of bad lamps with very low output that was installed into the Fusion Scan 250EX's. We currently do not have this posted on our Main Web page but we shall have it posted soon to give our customers a solution to this small issue. If you would like we would be more than willing to send you out 4 free lamps if you could e-mail me the Serial #'s off of each of the units to my e-mail address. ErnieS@AmericanDJ.com In the e-mail please provide me with all of your shipping information so that I may send these replacement lamps out immediatly to have you back up and running.
And some people want to complain about poor customer service.

Bah!

Thanks Ernie. Just shows exactly the kind of service I've received from ADJ, and one of those immeasurable values that make me stay with ADJ.

1: Acknowledging an issue, even if it's not really ADJ's fault. Bad batch of parts! It happens
2: Properly rectifying the situation.

Just what part of "good customer service" does this cover? Well, pretty much all of it.

Where's my cookie?
(you know I'm kidding)
I must say I am VERY pleased with the level of support/help I've received from ADJ and the community thus far. I had several people warn me saying the customer service sucked, the equipment is junk, etc.

For the moment I am please with both.

Ernie, where on the Fusion Scan would I find my serial numbers?
Here are a few images I took last night. The fixture is approximately 25' away from this wall. There is minimal light in the room. I tried to snap on white only as it seems to be the brightest. The other colors you can't even see. I forgot to take a picture but my miniture mag light on my key ring lights the wall up way more.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.