Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I can't read PDF files right now since I can't take the time to download and install it.

If you have X and Y channels, PLUS X and Y FINE channels, chances are you've got a fixture with good microstepper motors, which should ensure smooth pans/movement.

But I can't find those fixtures, but again, I'm distracted.

If you're using something like MyDMX, where you can program a pan over time(or even a DMX Operator but you have less exact time control), it can be SOMEWHAT smooth, but if you don't have the good motors, it COULD be jumpy. Speed is dependent on how fast you want it to go, be it slow(jumpy can be more noticable) or fast(often less noticable).

Sorry, I can't be more useful today. Show is a week away and many tasks take HOURS to complete. Must dedicate my main machine in a stripped down mode to make things happen. I have 3 computers dedicated on this, and with the spare parts I have, will construct a 4th machine that I will add into the mix after the show. Once I get the file I want the way I want, I'll be in my happy place and I can relax a bit and work on the new lighting design elements and changes.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.