Skip to main content

I am able to buy either a pair of XP3s or Autospot 150s for my band. I am researching the best solution

Because I play, my hands are full :-) and I need to run things off foot controllers.

I currently run my hi-tech lights off a relay, and that works well, but I understand that the moving head scanners will "reset" when run off a relay pack.

Is this a problem? My major concern is they need to "power up and run" within 1-2 seconds of my providing power via the relay pack.

Also - looking at the XP3 and AS150, I'm not seeing either of these able to run off "black out" FOOT controllers (like you can get for the verti-pro, etc). for example, the IRC-2 is a remote controller, but intended for hand, not foot, use.

Ideas? answers? thought?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

thanks for idea about the FC400!

I actually have a DMX operator and a b*******r midi foot controller pedal (the only one I could find that would send program changes to "control" the operator). I also have a DMX relay switch. The problem is, it really ends up being too much stuff to carry around and set up.

Just FYI: I'm an old man (41)... and to play (3) 60 minutes sets and then to pack up at 1:30 am... I'm tired, and I don't need any extra gadgets Smiler Smiler

I gave up the DMX operator and foot controller for a simple foot controller and relay pack (non-DMX) and it really works fine and is much less to setup and tear down (it all adds up!).

I want to add two moving heads to add some juice to the lights, but don't want to complicate the setup too much.

I did notice in the XP3 manual, it says you can use a "mini/C". In the pictures, this appears to be exactly what I got with my verti-pro's.

But the ADJ web site states you need the "Utopia/C Controller". Are they the same thing? Is the web site or manual correct?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.