Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

How often do you normally clean your fog machine? I'm not sure what the recommended maintenance cycle is, but I am sure it's more than once every 2 years! But, I'm going to assume you're using an approved liquid for cleaning. I'll also assume that you're placing the fog machine on a flat, level surface.

When my fog machine had issues, it was new in the box and it make "burning/stinky" fog. Not fun! Mine was "send it back" and ADJ sent me a new one.

I think your problem may be the pump. Makes the most sense since that's probably the only mechanical part on the unit. You say the unit heats up, which should rule out the heating unit and thermostat.

Another two areas to check out would be the nozzle in case it just has been gunked up from normal usage. The other area would be the tubing.

It could be the thermostat. I had a thermostat go on my truck, but we're not talking th same time of issue. IF the thermostat is not detecting the right temperature or simply failed, perhaps it is not opening up to let things work properly.

I don't know what it is in the fog juice precisely. I don't think there is anything in there that should crystalize or gum up, but that can change during heating and being shot out. Because ADJ's fluid is water-based, I have found it to be safer around electronics and leaves less residue.

My suggestion:
Call up service after doing another round of testing, just so you can take the time to document all your observations, unless you've already done it. They might run a few more ideas at you. If you feel you might be able to tackle the issue yourself, they'll put you to the right people to order parts. This is a great way to save money if you can do the repair yourself.

My thoughts are that having ADJ repair it, it may just be cheaper to get a new one. This isn't a slam on ADJ's service or the value of the unit. This item is just in that price range where it typically becomes cheaper to replace than repair. Add in the repair, tax(if appplicable) and shipping there and back.

Best of luck. I hope it's the pump and you can do the repair yourself. You'll feel better knowing you can take care of your own gear with a few simple tools. I've had to do repairs on a lot of gear over the years. As someone who works in entertainment, this is a necessary skill to have these days.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.