Skip to main content

I purchased the versadeck 2 channel midi controller about 4 weeks ago, and I have not had any problems until a few nights ago, I was playing a set @ an underground drum n bass festival, when my virtual dj and controller started acting weird

Weird meaning my play/pause button now registers as play/pause + cdj + hold + save on the virtual dj key learn, when I press play it plays both decks at the same time and and all the leds go wild, basically my right deck play button controls both decks and when pressed again instead of pause it loops or plays in reverse

Same happens on traktor + ableton live..

I've used miditrace to see what code gets picked up when play/pause is pressed and it gives about 9 different codes

I've searched all over the net for a solution, and like I have no idea how to reload mapping into the device or to read + program midi settings

Somehow the preloaded midi info on the controller got reprogramed and now I can't use it for my sets..

Please advise on what to do asap as I need it to play @ all my booked gigs for december
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

dnb@devastation Thank you for purchasing the Versadeck controller... I hope you had tore it up spinin DnB till this point.

Since you used MIDI trace, im certain you are a PC user. what code(s) did you get when you press the "play/pause" button on the Versadeck you should only have 2 an event on and off that is of course assuming you pressed and release the button.
90 20 7F
90 20 00

Did you edit the default mapper or import/create a new mapper? Play and pause is defined as "Play_pause"

There is no way the same would happen in Traktor, Since the MIDI command information is not saved in the Versadeck. The MIDI comand files are saved on your computer and each program was its own documents so changing the VDJ mapping will no way affect the Traktor mapping.

What I suggest you do is go to your documents folder/VirtualDJ/mappers/ delete the file with the wrong commands could be American Audio Versadeck mapping.XML or Generic MIDI.XML this next time you launch VDJ it will recall the default mapping.

Regarding Traktor, please delete the affected TSI file an reinstal it from our website http://www.adjaudio.com/pdffiles/versadeck_map.zip

Regarding Ableton live check you mapping.
Yo dude, I've deleted all the files as you suggested, yet still chaos... In vdj, my key learn for following buttons come up as :

Cue_play - a_cue
Cue- flanger
Play pause- hold,save,cdj,play_pause
Tap- tap

Also all the leds and actions on my right deck is somehow cloned to my left deck

Midi trace result for play_pause button

92 59 7f

Any more advise? I've had to put my dj career on hold for now

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.