Skip to main content

This is the new Profile request thread for my dmx profiles. This thread will close on January 1st 2010. Also please be sure to download the latest libraries from the my dmx web page before posting a request. The link is posted under my signature. Also Please don't just name fixtures and request the profile. Please provide me with a way to look at the DMX traits PDF either in email or a web-link to the company's product page.

Sincerely,
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Jingles
I Have just perchessed MyDmx and i have just a few questions...2 of my fixtures are sound active by themselves i cant seem to get sound active in dmx mode can you help
the fixtures are
Mystec Led (ADJ)4Ch
LEDP64KDII (MICROH)4Ch
They Are In My Library But Not Like My other Fixtures that have a sound active spot on on of the faders.....anything would be great

Thanks
Warren Rogers
Warren welcome to the forums. The mystic LED has no option in the dmx traits for sound active. It is either DMX functionality or no DMX and the fixture is in sound active mode. If there was a sound active option I am sure I would have added it to the software. Please read through your microh led manual and let me know where the sound active values are. Or link me to the fixtures manual online.
Sincerely,
Interesting.

To address Warren: It's not unusual for a unit with a sound active mode to not have sound active in DMX mode. I do not know what the trend is, but I see a lot of users asking for their fixtures that have a stand-alone sound active mode to ensure that they still have a sound active capability when in DMX mode.

For me, I have an orignal Mystic, and I bought taht specifically because it has a sound active mode. I would have therefore ASSUMED it would be in the DMX features in the newer LED fixture.

Note to all:
Many companies, ADJ included, offer manuals to almost all products available FREE for download. Consider buying and reading the manuals of fixtures you're interested in prior to making final purchase decisions. The DMX traits are listed in the manual as well, which should address many of these questions that are seen over and over again. I don't want to discourage people from asking questions, even if the manual answers it. I'm just saying that people should make a better effor to familiarize themselves with the manual and product before purchasing.

Jingles: I know it's out of place here, but as I mentioned above, I see lots of people requesting sound active to be in the DMX traits as well when the fixture has a stand-alone sound active mode. What is the proper process for making a feature request for future fixtures? I think this would be a good think for customers and not just myself. There is definately demand for it.

I'm testing out sound active on my Color Fusions and 64 LED Pros on an upcoming show. Don't need perfect, just need "yup, it works" while in DMX mode.
Thanks Guys For the very prompt reply to my questions......Just a little background here, My Wife and i own a pub here in Bc Canada, due to a popular Club closing down, just up the street from us we have had a number of requests to pick up the slack. Our pub has been for 10 years or so a popular Karaoke bar having Karaoke 3 nights a week. We will continue with the Karaoke with the added sets of club music. We have some things in place already from doing Karaoke like the sound system dance floor etc.My new endeavor is This new (to Me) Dmx lighting so I hope from time to time I am able to get some answers from you guys....all I had to do is Google mydmx or YouTubedmx and both you guys came up, great instructional videos and advice.
As For my previous question am I correct in that the mystic led from ADJ does not have sound capabilities when in dmx mode, only by itself with audio option on?

Here is the link to the other light I was referring to
http://www.microhpro.com/produ...edp64ksd2/manual.pdf
I have looked at this but can’t seem to see any option for sound while in dmx mode
Also any ideas on what lighting affects are a must have
Here is what I do have just been on a spending spree with no real direction in the past 2 weeks

1 Galaxian™ by Ameri¬can DJ®.
2 Mystic LED™ by American DJ®.
3 Quad Gem DMX™ by American DJ®.
4 Microh ledp64kdII
5 MyDMX Dongle & Software.(Love This Program)

Thanks Again guys
Jingles:
I would prefer to go through channels.

Warren:
According to what Jingles said, and I haven't confirmed it but I have no reason to doubt Jingles, it would appear that the Mystic LED in DMX mode does not support sound active mode. Download the manual to confirm.

Lighting effects that are "must have"? No clue. What my "Must have" varies from your "must haves". If I had to say anything, I'd get some MegaPanels or Mega Pixels so you can have some low-power wash lights, can't go wrong there. And I can't blame you for going wiht some of the other fixtures. Galaxian is a "staple", as is the Mystic(non-LED). Not to knock the Mystic LED, but I have the original and love it, BUT, I'm willing to investigate the newer one and see if it works for me. The preview video should be sufficient for me to start the decision process.

I don't think you're making any "bad" purchases, but I would have preferred you buy the ADJ 64 LED Pro over the MICOH LED Par64.
(The ADJ 64 LED PRO has sound active, strobing, macro, color mixing, dimming and other functions)

Now, the MICOH LED64 seems to be a stripped back version of the ADJ 64 LED Pro. At least you have dimming and color control for RGB mixing, so that's good. It does NOT have a sound active option in DMX mode, but yet, the ADJ 64 LED PRO does!! I'm using it for a show I'm working on, it's necessary.

But, not having sound active isn't a bad thing. Using the FX options under MyDMX, you can throw together some nifty things. What you might want to do is make two shows: Your karaoke show, and your "live band" show. Fill the show with lots of usable scenes that are highly organized and well labelled. You can have lights pulse back and forth, or do a rainbow fill or "knight rider" or randoms or other nifty things.

I would also recommend, because I'm heading this way, is a couple of scanner fixtures(at least 2, 4 is better, I'm starting with 2) and some moving yoke lights. Again, like with the scanners, 2 is good, 4 is better. It really depends on space and what you want to do. You can always start small(say, buy 2 or 1) and then "get bigger" later on. NO reason things have to match, but when it comes to scanners and movers, I recommend at least like pairs. I'm looking at getting another couple of moving yoke fixtures. I have 2 already and they match, and the next two will be their own match.

Another suggestion: Haze. Thinner than fog, run all night. Helps define beams, giving you the feature you probably wanted from fog without using fog. Often, people don't know it's there. I just got a hazer, the Elation HZ-300, I can't wait to fire it up tonight for the first time. Not saying don't get a fog machine, but what I am saying is that evaluate your needs. You can always buy or sell fixtures as needed.

I think that before you make additional purchases is that you do exactly what you're doing now: ask questions. Just process all the data on your own and make your own final decision.

I'm also looking at the Galaxian LED fixture. This works FANTASTIC aimed into the crowd going though a thick fog, those beams POP and makes the effect really cool.

Best of luck and don't forget to give progress reports!
I confused that with the Revo 4. I have the 2009 LED and Beyond Volume 2 catalog that I've been going through. I better check the Galaxian, I must be confused about something.

Forgive me, I've only had 4 hours of sleep since Sunday. This animatic project has been one butt-kicker after another and I'm STILL finding micro-errors. The errors are NOT due to myDMX, but me being off by bits here and there. Whatever I take from one location I have to add to another location. It's definately something I have to keep close tabs on and requires extensive amounts of concentration, documentation and LOTS of "save as" and making safety copies of scenes.
Hi Jingle,

I am a newby, and am trying to use MyDMX to control a Prolight Equinox Scorpio laser (cluster and scanner). I can't seem to find an existing one, and cannot seem to be able to create my own profile correctly to work as I would expect the laser itself to, when it comes to viewing it in the 3D visualiser.

Can you help?

Thanks
Robin.
Welcome to the forums. You'll find people want to help you here.

Due to restrictions and limitations of the 3D Visualizer, coupled with a lack of information provided by the company that makes the light(or it may be impossible through no faults of the maker), the 3D Visualizer can NOT be DEFINITIVE tool. The main purpose of the 3D Visualizer in my opinion is to prove proof of concept as well as a design tool or aid. There are certain simple things that the 3D Visualizer doesn't do, such as I think gobo spin, it just turns the gobo I was using to a solid color instead, which for me I can live with. This is much easier than a laser pattern.

In your case, I would be more concerned with the 3D Visualizer pointing the laser where you want it to be, again, to help test proof of concept and design aid.

2 suggestions:
1: You might want to request that Jingles takes a look at your profile, in case you've made a mistake in it. Since you're a MyDMX newbie, it's entirely possible and mistakes can be easy to make.
2: Double check your manual. Print the DMX specifications page(s) so you have a hard copy reference while making your profile. It can be easy to leave something out.

My task this weekend is to make new profiles for the atmospheric units, mainly to make generating output a bit easierl for me.(a fogger that is not mine, and a hazer and ground fogger that is.

Keep playing, keep asking and keep learning. OH, and keep having fun.
Robin, Welcome to the forums. Chris is correct you will NOT be able to visualize any laser in the 3D viewer program. Laser need to be programmed live. I actually cannot even create a profile that lets the 3D visualizer point the beam. It just doesnt work like that.
For me to look at your profile please email me the profile and the user manual PDF of the laser to
jamesk AT Americandj DOT COM
Sincerely,
Please help. I need help with profile for Irradiant SRL-DJS6005 (Par 64 LED)

I tried everything including to make my own profile with Scan Library.
This par can has 7 channels and each channel controls one color ring starting with the inside. 1 - Red / 2 - Green / 3 - Blue / 4 - Red / 5 - Green / 6 - Blue / 7 - Red
Thanks Very Much Chris & Jingles for you input i have been looking at some of Brian Reds videos he seems to be doing very well,also has some cool fixtures,etc.im curious about these led bars sure looks good.i just ordered the revo 4......just worried maybe to many dots now any input would be greatly appreciated,also if you have time, and beleive me i now it takes alot of time, is there a way of someone else making a scene in myddmx and importing it into the program? in other words can one of you guys make a scene of one of my fixtures send it to me and me being able to import it...i now its the easy way out but i just cant seem to get a very good effect with my quad gem spending hours on it

Thanks Guys
Warren
Yes and no, but I haven't tested this myself.

If I send you a show file, you'd get the scenes you want.

MyDMX lacks a scene import and export. I see this being functional as I find myself sometimes wanting to use the same or similar things over and over agan, which makes me wish I could compile a library of scenes to import as needed.

I haven't tested this part: Open a show file with the scene you want. Copy the step or steps from the scene. Close the show file, open a new or existing show file, make a new scene, and dump in the copied data.

This copy/paste things has not been tried by me. This is not to say my idea will or will not work. I know some applications get goofy copying between files. As MyDMX only has access to 1 open file at a time, it is possible that your copy clipboard amy not work when you open a new show file. Then again, it may very well behave as expected. MyDMX is still full if surprises, pleasant and unpleasant.
Hi Jingles

I have just bought a Fusion Bar 3 (white leds and spots) and am happily programming scenes with mydmx but is there a profile ready with the sound to light programs that the light gives off in stand alone mode. When the light is in sound to light mode (no dmx) it shows really good patterns

regards

Sean
Always check your fixtures to see if the DMX traits offer a sound active mode before making your purchasing decision. I'm not saying if it doens't have sound active in DMX mode it would not be a wise purchase, it really depends on your needs.

My thoughts are that if sound active is offered in non-DMX mode, I would respectfully request that they also offer sound active as an option in DMX.

Short of that, you can do lots of nifty things using the FX generator that might be pleasing to what you're trying to accomplish. With me, currently all my DMX-capable fixtures(except the follow spots and atmospherics) offer me sound active functionality. For me, it's a must have feature as I do get calls for "scenes I can have a bit of fun with" and I find sound active gives me some "run and randomness" with minimal effort. In the big show I worked on, I needed this for at least in part on two areas. If a fixture offers sound active in a stand-along/master-slave mode, I would really expect it in DMX mode. Not to say not having sound active in DMX would kill a sale, but it might make me stop and think about it.

My further advice:
Whenever possible, buy name brand lights. Why? Read on.
Most name brand lights are going to offer their manuals available for download. Assuming the manuals are accurate(they usually are), you can examine their DMX specs.

Once you know what the fixture is capable of, then you can really start to make a better informed decision.

Whatever you do, don't let the absence of a profile of a fixture prevent you from making a purchase. Profiles can always be created or developed.
Hi Jingles.

Acctually I tried to make a fixture for the Gemini laser, I found the dmx traits in the manual, and it still doesent do anyting but turning the diode on or of, and I actually rememered that I tried to controll it once before with a "analog" dmx lightboard and it dindt respond to any adress exept the first one wich is on or off, and it still is sound active no matter waht I do.

I belive that there must be something wrong with the dmx dip part of the unit? Do you think so?

I havent recived the RGB laser yet, but when i do, il post the DMX traits here Smiler

Thank you for your help
Hi American DJ Smiler
Im aware that this thread was supposed to be closing a few days ago, but I have just purchased a My DMX unit for my:

8 x STAIRVILLE MATRIXX SC-100 DMX LED EFFECT
http://www.thomann.de/dk/stair...0_dmx_led_effect.htm

1 x STAIRVILLE STROBE 1500 DMX POWER STROBE
http://www.thomann.de/dk/stair...dmx_power_strobe.htm

1 x STAIRVILLE DJ LASE GR-140 RGY DMX
http://www.thomann.de/dk/stair...se_gr140_rgy_dmx.htm

and several other scanners that are already in the library..

I was really hoping that you could help me out with some new profiles for those units...
Can you help me out?

Best Regards

Mads
Denmark
Link copied to your clipboard.