Skip to main content

Hi, I'm new to DMX and Intelligent lighting and can't figure out how to get my DJ Scan 250's to run in manual mode, so I can control them...

I checked the basics... ins/outs, dipswitches... to see if that was the problem, but they both seemed right. I've tried everything I thought would work, but it failed.

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Roll Eyes
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

hey dj trak beat, thanks for sendin a reply. I tried doing this, and it just started running internal programs again ... the dj scan 250's look great, but whenever I daisy chain them, they never run in sync and what I really bought these lights for was to be able to program my own shows and chases. Its not that its a bad product, its just that I can't figure it out Confused
I just purchased a pair of DJ Scan 250's and the DMX Operator controller, too. I was slightly confused with the settings, but I think I figured it out. I'll find out come tomorrow. Do these units require a DMX Signal terminator? I found no mention of the terminator in any of my manuals, or on the website, but a DMX guide I was reading said that terminators are recommended for most installations. I may have some other questions in the future. (Untill I get it working right, I just linked the two units in stand-alone mode and will let them run without the controller)..
Just for an update, One of my lights turned out to be defective after all. With the proper settings, I can control them both, but the bad light does it's own thing at times, and only moves part way. Sometimes, for example, while tilting down, it bounces back to the middle. I contacted the store, and they told me that they had a couple of others with identical problems, so it'll be replaced in a couple of days. Thanks for everything everyone.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.